• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice Needed on Rejected Used Car and Dealer Warranty Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed on Rejected Used Car and Dealer Warranty Issues

Hi everyone,

I could really use some advice regarding a used car I purchased earlier this year that has been nothing but trouble. Within the first few weeks, I had several issues with the vehicle, including warning lights and mechanical problems. I gave the dealer a couple of opportunities to repair it, but other issues occored, and I eventually found a new fault, which led me to reject the car altogether under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 within 6 months.

The Situation:
    • I allowed the dealer to attempt repairs twice, but I believe the car was faulty from the start.
    • I lost almost a month during the first three months of ownership due to waiting for repairs and the vehicle being in with the dealer.
    • The dealer has denied my right to reject stating they can carry out multiple repair attempts, one of each new issue discovered, which I don’t think is correct based on what I’ve been told by Citizens Advice and other sources.
    • The dealer also provided a warranty, but I later found out that it was self-funded by them, which I was not informed about at the time of purchase. I have concerns that this warranty process was used to avoid liability.
    • I’ve also contacted my credit card company for a Section 75 claim, but their response has been delayed, and I seem to be getting nowhere with the dealer of the credit card.

I'm not sure whether to continue down the path with the Financial Ombudsman or if I should take legal action, the car was over the small claims amount. Has anyone dealt with a similar situation, particularly with dealers trying to sidestep their obligations through warranty schemes?

Any advice or experience with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Formalsmirk; 13th September 2024, 19:38:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X