• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty Car Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty Car Advice

Hi everyone!

I’m looking to find out if anyone has had a similar experience to me and what their outcome was.

I recently bought a car from an independent dealership which I had financed. After driving the car an hour I heard a knocking noise, along with warning lights and also the steering wheel was juddering at 65/70 mph.

I rang the garage who advised me to take it to a garage and they will pay for the issue. I got home and had it taken into a garage, who sent me a report listing £3000 worth of issues, some including worn or disc pads and also the silencer had snapped along with an issues with the catalytic converter.

It has just passed an MOT with no advisories, however I noticed on last years MOT it has an advisorie for the exhaust and this year it passed, however it seems that the issues hadn’t been fixed, so I would’ve expected that to have at least been advisory, If not a fail.

I have rejected the sale through my finance company, and the dealership have tried to warn me against doing that but they also feel that I have no right to reject.

I’m just looking to find out if anyone has experienced anything similar and what the outcome was.

thanks in advance, much appreciated!
    Tags: None

Hi
    Welcome to LB
    Did you pay a deposit by credit card?
    When did you buy the car, how old is it, what was the car's mileage and what was the agreed sale price?
    The finance company is the owner of the car until your final payment, so if you have to make a claim it is against the fc
    On this forum there has been success claims and unsuccessful claims with unhappy vehicle owners still in dispute with the dealer or finance company. Every case is unique.
    ​​​​​​​You could try searching the forum with "used car problems" or something similar

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X