• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Samsung claim offer denied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung claim offer denied

Based in England

I purchased a Samsung s24 ultra, directly from Samsung. As part of the purchase, their was a promotion that allowed you to claim back £200, no strings attached.

I made my claim, but it was denied due to having claimed in the past then returned my product but not cancelling/returning my rewards of the claim.
    There has been a mix up. I purchased an s23 in December 2023 and claimed for it in January 2024. I then initiated a return for that and purchased the s23 plus instead. I made a claim for the s23 plus. Looking at my emails, the claim for the s23 was approved but the s23 plus was rejected - here is the mix up as it now looks like I have taken rewards for a returned product when this is not true.

Timeline:
    - 2023-12-27 - purchased s23 (black) from samsung.com
    - 2024-01-08 - claim for s23 promotion
    reference: 429-017-483
    - 2024-01-12 - claim approved for 23 (429-017-483)
    - 2024-01-20 - purchased s23+ (green)
    - 2024-01-30 - claim for s23+ promotion from mobilephonesdirect.com
    reference: 365-603-445
    - 2024-02-01 - refund processed for phone
    - 2024-02-01 - claim rejection for s23+ (365-603-445)
    - reason: "After auditing your claims across our promotions we have found instances where the qualifying purchase was returned for a refund. As such we are unable to accept your claim."
    - 2024-02-28 - rewards issued (429-017-483)

So I have rewards issued for the S23 but rewards denied for the S23+ when it should have been the other way around.

Anyways, the reward for the s24ultra is £200 which is quite a lot.

I have tried speaking with the claims team who asked if I contacted the team earlier to cancel my claim for the S23 and shared this link: https://samsungoffers.claims/sam/AiCashback/en-GB/terms

At the time I did not realise the claim rejected was for the S23+ and not the s23 (the emails only specify a reference and not the phone in question).

What can I realistically do here? The claims website seems to be different from Samsung itself and it's lacking in information with regards to complaints etc.
    ​​​​
    ​​​​​​
    Tags: None

What is the difference? You bought a product and returned it then bought another. You are entitled to one promotion of £200. Why does it matter on which product it was received. I have had 2 payments under this promotion (3 years apart entirely different products) and was extremely surprised when both payments were made with little fuss!

Comment

Yeah doesn't really make sense. Hoping they haven't looked at it properly a d that the realise the mix up. I understand if they think it's due to fraud but there is some technical issues on their side.

Comment

Indeed but again why are you bothered?! You still have your £200...

Comment

I don't. I'm not sure I explained it right. I have ordered 3 phones in total.

One in Dec 2023. Claim in Jan 2024, but then returned in Jan 2024.

Another in Jan 2024. Claimed in Feb 2024. Claim rejected due to phone being returned, but this was not the phone I returned.

Claim for first one was accepted.

I didn't notice the difference, just assumed the rejected one was for the first.

Now in July 2024 I ordered the s24. I have it. Claimed for it, rejected due to having claimed in the past, returning, and not notifying them.

Comment

Ah Ok well then you need to explain that to them. Clearly a returned item is not eligable. The first 2 can be forgotten - you still have the £200 and have one phone so all square. The new claim may work but you may be blacklisted...

Comment

I have explained it to them multiple times but they aren't interested in resolving it. They have said they reiterate that the decision is final and the matter is closed. Not much info with regards to a resolution.

To be clear, they sent me an email that my claim for my second was rejected due to having returned the phone - I am using this phone as we speak. The phone I returned was the first phone, for which they gave me the rewards. It's impossible to see which claim was approved/rejected unless I check the reference numbers - any normal person would assume the claim was rejected for the phone that was returned and approved for the phone that I still have.

The phone I just purchased has the claim denied due to the mix up above. (The claim in Jan is £100, July is £200).

I would not have bought the phone if my claim would be denied.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X