• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What are my rights.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my rights.

Hi All, hope you can help me understand where I stand.
    last month I purchased a washing machine from Amazon and selected specifically a Saturday delivery day due to work commitments. The washer failed to arrive so I contacted amazon to complain as I would not be home to accept delivery during the week and needed to ensure a Saturday delivery.

I spoke to customer services who said they could not change delivery days on that item for some reson so would send a replacement which I then should be able to change delivery day.

The customer service advisor said I might get an email to return the item but to ignore this and if the original item ever arrives to keep it.

Typically both items arrived so I installed one and gifted the other to my son as I dont need 2 washers! But they told me to keep it.

Now two emails later they are telling me to return it or pay for the second washer. I just want to know where I stand before I tell them to come uninstall and take away my washing machine (which is being used) as I can't afford to pay for 2.

I have screen shots of the chat with amazon as I've learnt over time to keep evidence, and as soon as she said to keep the item I wanted proof she said it.

Now I'm awaiting a call from a manager as they are requesting payment. I could have just refused delivery if id known this would happen, but after they said keep it i told my son he might as well have it.

What's The best way to deal with this?

TIA
    Tags: None

Tia, you should ask them to arrange to collect at a time that is convenient for you. You do not want to be sued for payment for the second machine.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

atticus Not clear to me if you’re being humorous, but if you’re not then just a heads up that TIA at the end of a post is used as an abbreviation of the phrase ‘Thanks In Advance’,

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Jane View Post
        ... I spoke to customer services who said they could not change delivery days on that item for some reson so would send a replacement which I then should be able to change delivery day.

The customer service advisor said I might get an email to return the item but to ignore this and if the original item ever arrives to keep it.

Typically both items arrived so I installed one and gifted the other to my son as I dont need 2 washers! But they told me to keep it...

TIA
        Sorry, but did you honestly believe that amazon were telling you to keep two washing machines but only pay for one? It didn't cross your mind that it must be a simple mistake or misunderstanding?

Surely any reasonable person would have double-checked and confirmed with amazon after the second one arrived that it was OK to keep it before "gifting" it to anyone?

You could try attaching screenshots of your chat with amazon so other posters here can assess their evidential value. Without seeing them in context nobody can really say if you have a case or not.

​​​​​​​Otherwise I'd agree with atticus that you should be arranging a collection date for one of the machines. Of course, if they've been used... Amazon might not be best pleased with you...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X