• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car finance with a faulty car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car finance with a faulty car

Hi I was wondering if I could have some advice please to help me with my dad's problem,

My dad bought a focus 1litre eco boost on finance, 8 weeks into having it on the way work the engine died, and this was on the 3rd December, paid £140 to have the car recovered home, kept ringing the dealership where it was purchased and was constantly told the manager was busy, contacted the finance company and was told take the car a garage for a diagnostic, so another £110 for a garage to recover and diagnose since the car wouldn't start garage quoted £6k for new engine, labour and vat, dealership received a copy of the quote and said they would repair it because it would cost them less,

Now the dealership where the car was bought has had the car for 3 weeks now and still not even ordered a new engine

Where does he stand being without a car for 3 months, not offered a courtesy car yet still paying for something that's not able to be used plus all the extra fees on top?
    Tags: None

The following is provided your dad is defined as a consumer under the act. He only used the car for social, domestic and pleasure and to drive it to his main place of work and back home.
    Under CRA 2015 your dad now has the legal right to reject the car (final right to reject within 6 months of the date of delivery) and ask for a refund of monies paid under the finance agreement.
    Your dad was right to give the finance company a chance to repair the car but they have caused unreasonable delay and inconvenience.
    Your dad should write to the finance company (copy to the dealer) and state he is rejecting the car under the Consumer Regulations Act 2015 and that he expects a full refund within 14 days and the finance agreement to be cancelled
    Last edited by Pezza54; 17th February 2024, 11:26:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X