• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

dealership refuses to accept your rejection, Please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, thanks for your reply
    pezza54

I’ve Used 150k miles in the ombudsman's formula to calculate the deduction.

150,000 – 21,318 (mileage of the car at purchase) =128,682 (remaining miles expected for car to cover)

£14,220 (total paid for the car) ÷ 128,682 = £0.11 (per mile deduction)

£0.11 x 39,121 (miles covered by the consumer in car) = £4,32287 (total deduction)

£14,220 – £4,32287 = £9,898 (total depreciated refund due)

£9,898
    + Refund of £1,419 for tyres.
    +Refund of £199 for the cost of the DEKRA inspection.

TOTAL: £ 11,517 is over 10k.
    Is it still ok ?
    And sorry got confused , I'm taking the dealer RRG or the finance company to court?

Thank you

Comment

No not right.
      The ombudsman used the price of the car (excluding finance), not total paid.
      Definitely the finance company, possibly both (CCA S75: jointly or severally) des8

Comment

Hi ,

Pezza54
        ​​​​​
        des8

Sorry I'm completely lost!…

Comment

I would be looking for

Price paid .................................................. .....................£14220
          less mileage covered approx 40000 @15p p per mile......£6000
          £ 8220
          plus tyres............................................. ............................ 1491
          Plus Dekra............................................. ..............................199
          Total............................................. ..................................£ 9910

And I would name both parties

Comment

You need to change £14220 in the 3rd line of your calculation to £20,357 You should get a revised rate £0.16 per mile deduction

The revised deduction for usage is £6,259

Your claim is therefore £14220 less £6259 = £7961

Adding £1419 and £199, your claim totals £9,579

It is probably more straight forward and financially preferable to claim against just the finance company.

If you post your draft LBA with names and addresses redacted, forum users can provide advice.

As a lay representative you cannot sign the claimant's witness statement and your wife will have to attend court for the hearing

Comment

That's unfortunate . 2 posts at the same time to confuse you even more

Comment

In my method for the deduction for usage the miles driven should be amended to cover actual mileage when the car is handed back on Wednesday

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X