• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cannot get refund from ebay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot get refund from ebay

Hello everyone,

Recently I purchased an expensive new laptop from a registered seller on ebay, using an account I had just created. I then had a second thought on it and found it to be the wrong device for the intended purpose.

As the seller offers a 30 day return policy I requested a return label, which he/ebay immediately provided. Before I could dispatch the laptop, however, ebay suspended my newly created account based on the fact I wanted to return the computer, labelling me an „abusive buyer“. A few days on I learned my account was suspended indefinitely and that, according to ebay, I could not expect to get my money back if I returned the computer using the label the seller had provided as it was linked to a suspended account. I would need to try and find an agreement with the seller outside of ebay. I cannot even open a payment dispute on Ebay.

I have also reached out to PayPal as they facilitated my payment, but they said they could only help if something was wrong with the computer.

I have tried to get in touch with the seller, but he neither responds to calls nor emails.

Eventually, I returned the computer unopened and in the same pristine condition I received it, using the return label sent by ebay.

I have witnesses who can testify the computer was in a perfect condition and still sealed when I dispatched it. A friend even filmed at the post office where I boxed and dispatched it.

The computer has arrived back at the seller's facilities on October 31st.

Can ebay just deprive me of my consumer rights (in that case the 14 day cooling off period)?

Is there anything I can do to get my money back?
    Tags: None

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such.

Explain what's happened, why it's 'unfair' and what you want them to do to resolve the issue. Provide a summary.

Email your complaint to:

Murray Lambell
    Managing Director UK
    Murray.Lambell@ebay.com

If you've breached their terms and conditions, you'll have to give a reason. I'll leave that with you.

Update when they get back to you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X