• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Purchased Nearly New Car - Multiple Problems How To Proceed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased Nearly New Car - Multiple Problems How To Proceed?

Hello there hope everyone is well,

I recently purchased a nearly new second hand car that appeared in almost perfect condition when purchasing.

I few days after purchase I noticed various faults with the vehicle listed below:

Damaged paint on roof, through the clear coat that I later found out would require a full respray.

Buffer trails all over the vehicle where someone has attempted to polish out the damaged paint areas unsuccessfully.

Breaks grinding and rattling when driving.

Among other things

Recently the AC system in the car has stopped blowing warm air (sigh)

At the time (May)I tried to reject the car but they refused saying I have to give them a chance to put things right which I disputed believing I could refuse if quality wasn’t satisfactory as they also didn’t advise me of the paint condition before purchase, and covered it up with some sort of solution to make the paintwork look perfect other reviewers have commented similar on their Google page.

The reason why I don’t want them to fix the car is I don’t trust them and also don’t believe them capable to actually fix these problems, they have offered me £200 towards getting the paintwork fixed with a third party however I have sent them quotes showing £800 to get the work completed.

I have sent them a letter before action which they have given my their final response, sating if I don’t want to accept the £200 I can contact Trading Standards and sent me a link to their dispute resolution process.

What are my options if I take them to the small claims court do I have a case?

Thank You.

Tags: None

When did you buy the car?

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, goods sold must be of satisfactory quality. If not, then within 30 days of purchase the consumer has the right to reject the goods and to be refunded the price paid. After 30 days and before 6 months, the right is to repair or replacement.

How did you pay?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

What exactly did you say/write/text when you " tried to reject "
      What was the date?
      On what date did you take delivery?

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
        When did you buy the car?

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, goods sold must be of satisfactory quality. If not, then within 30 days of purchase the consumer has the right to reject the goods and to be refunded the price paid. After 30 days and before 6 months, the right is to repair or replacement.

How did you pay?
        I paid via cash in full bank transfer i purchased the car in May and a few days after purchase told them I wanted to reject

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

What exactly did you say/write/text when you " tried to reject "
          What was the date?
          On what date did you take delivery?
          Took delivery in May

A few days after delivery I asked to reject

I sent email saying due to everything thats wrong with the vehicle, I outlined the problems to them I wanted to reject.

They then responded saying i cannot reject i have to give them a chance to fix it they also offered me another car.

Thanks

Comment

OK, so your rejection seems to be valid.
            You did not have to give them a chance to repair or exchange.

You sent them an LBA, so act on it
            No point saying you will do XYZ and then not following through

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X