• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

sending a Subject access request letter to the police

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sending a Subject access request letter to the police

Hi
    Found a template letter from the archives of this site. And I have added my own bit to it. What do you think to my own bit? Do I have the right to access this information or do the police have any right what so ever to refuse?

Thanks
    ---------------------------

Dear Sir or Madam

Subject access request ( Data Protection Act 2018 / General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) )

[Your full name and address, any previous address/names and any other details to help identify you and the data you want.]

Please supply the data about me that I am entitled to under data protection law relating to myself.
    Specificity I require information regarding an incident that happened on the 1th of June 2023 at around 3.30pm, at Manchester Magistrates Court, Crown Square, Wood St, Manchester M60 1PR between my self and P.C. 16108. About a pen knife that was taken from me. I require the officers full name, a log number of the incident, the notes that he wrote about the incident, any photos he may of taken of the knife and what he has done with the knife
    I have uploaded a copy of an expired passport of myself. As proof of identity . If you need any more data from me to confirm my identity please let me know as soon as possible. It may be helpful for you to know that data protection law requires you to respond to a request for data within one calendar month.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer, or relevant staff member. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you. Its website is ico.org.uk or it can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.

Yours faithfully

[Signature]
    Tags: None

Cannot comment on the letter. Was the penknife confiscated at entry? It would have been in the court I work at (legitimately)

Comment

Not all that you ask appears to be personal data about yourself.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
        Not all that you ask appears to be personal data about yourself.
        what info there do you think they could claim grounds to refuse?

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
          Cannot comment on the letter. Was the penknife confiscated at entry? It would have been in the court I work at (legitimately)
          Confiscated at entry is a presumption you are making. Well I have made my own and that is theft and harasment. But It will be upto a court of 12 piers to decide a verdict I guess. But in the mean time I need as much info as I can but most important the officers name

Comment

information about other people
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

anyman it was not a presumption it was a question. WAS the knife confiscated on entry? It won't be a jury trial (if it ever gets that far) but a mags one. Watching this thread with interest. And was it confiscated on entry?

Comment

Can i ask why the OP wants the police mans name

Comment

The knife wasn’t taped to a pole by any chance was it?

Comment

anyman it was not a presumption it was a question. WAS the knife confiscated on entry
                    ???

It won't be a jury trial (if it ever gets that far) but a mags one.
                    it will be a common law court

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                      Can i ask why the OP wants the police mans name
                      well to be honest lets forget about the subject request act then.

All I need is a name and an address where I can send corosponents to him, presuming he is an "office-sir" then he will have an address

Comment

What is a common law court? Unless we are in freeman on the land territory (I do hope we are!)

Comment

I had this discusion about the CLC with ATTICS a while ago and she posted a wikipida link to it
                          In medievil times the commoners in each town would hold there own court and apoint there own piers/ jury to pass verdict. Well I spoke to some people and they are doing it all again. Forinstance Nick from Birmingham was telling me that in the hight of the lockdowns they arranged a CLC in the woods somewhere out back of Birmingham (proper Robin Hood style) to make a decision if lockdowns where unlawfull and if so the PM should step down. The PM was invited and failed to attend the hearing. A verdict was passed that LDs where unlawfull and the PM should step down. This was all signed off and stuff after wood and a letter of the virdict was sent to downing street

Comment

anyway the important thing is I need the officers name and address to proceed with this case, anyone know how I can get it please?

Comment

Write to the Chief Constable.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X