• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Leasing Processing Fee Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Leasing Processing Fee Question

Good evening all,

First time posting so please be gentle, apologies too if it's in the wrong location on the forum.

I am going through the process of leasing a vehicle as my current one is coming to a close. This is not the usual company I would typically deal with due to getting a better quote elsewhere.

I've noticed that on my quote there is a 'processing fee' of £240 which was expected however at the bottom of the quote papers there is a line under the heading 'terms' that states:

"If you are approved for finance and on receipt of receiving your signed order form, a processing fee of £0.00 inc VAT (non-refundable) will be payable by debit or credit card for
    Evans Halshaw Leasing to order your new vehicle.
    "

In my mind that indicates that I actually don't need to pay the £240 as it's listed under terms however, I wondered where I stood legally with this? Both family and friends seem to have differing opinions on the matter.

Any help or assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. :-)

(Ps. I did try to attach a picture of the quote form however it appears I don't have the authority to yet attach anything)
    Last edited by Poodlawyer; 12th May 2023, 19:29:PM.
    Tags: None

Upload the quote to a hosting site (eg IMGUR) and post a link to it

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Upload the quote to a hosting site (eg IMGUR) and post a link to it
      Click image for larger version

Name:	QuoteEdit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1645431

Comment

Anyone, Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

Terms and quote do seem to be contradictory.

However was the quote from Evans Halshaw Leasing, or from a broker?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X