• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Divorce thieves , who judges better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce thieves , who judges better?

I am sadly not alone with this company, so please help, I paid £289 for a digital package regarding a part of a divorce. It was advertised as clean break/financial order. I stupidly decided to go with it. On the first page just had to fill name etc and read the t@c etc, which I did, more of that later.I was looking for a consent order. So after reading the small print and accepting went and paid. Allegedly, another notice to accept t&c came up but I was instructed sign in to create an account and a password to access the documents that I thought could be acceptable. It quickly became clear this was the package I required and being reassured at the time of purchase that a 14 day cancellation period was in the t@c I accepted when I first entered I should be able phone up, cancel and request a refund, which I duly did. I spoke to a lady and explained it wasn’t the product that I thought it could be and explained what I needed and she said oh you need a consent order, we do those. I said , really because you don’t advertise it as a product that you supply and she said no but we do, the thing is that whole package is £499. She then offered me the option of topping up the money I had paid for the first contract by £220 to round it up to £499, which I did, with still having in my mind that I could cancel and get my money back. I was fooled by their garuntee on the front page of %100 refund no quibbles, and underneath in small writing if you can find it cheaper and better elsewhere. Well who judges better? Anyway after taking my money over the phone she said she would email me a link to be able to access the new product that I had just bought. Nothing came and after many irate phone calls decided I’d had enough and asked for refund, which I was flatly denied, told to fill in a complaint form on the website, which didn’t open and wait 28 days for their decision about wether they will give me refund. Well I pressed them a little harder than that. I asked them for an itemised VAT invoice and as are my right a copy of the contract, I have none of them. I did cancel within an hour of paying them by email. I never received any documents relating to the product that assume in total cost £499. They wrote to me yesterday deciding not to refund me because I had signed the t@c and they gave me an excerpt of it which had no relation to what I had agreed to earlier. With really close inspection the 14 day cancellation period only applies to those with packages that don’t include digital or download means, so everyone realistically. I was then pointed out a clause in the second t&c which I still haven’t read that because I entered the website to create an account I had waived my 7 day distance right to cancellation and the limitations within the contract also states that in the event of it going any further all of the staff are silenced and anyone who I spoke to or helped me their evidence is not applicable.
    So, do you think that during the conversation with the woman and her offering me a different product, me accepting and paying is the creation of a new contract and because the use of my funds were happily released to pay for the new product that the first contract is nullified?
    Tags: None

Please use paragraph breaks to split up that unreadable wall of text.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X