• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Topershalt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topershalt

I bought a drone from a reputable department store just before Christmas. The weather has not been suitable but I finally took it out 3rd Jan. It was apparent that one of the rotors was not working, so I packed it up and took it back with the receipt. They did not offer to replace it but to send it back to the manufacturer. My argument was that my contract is with the shop; they should give me a replacement and take up their claim against the manufacturer. Am I correct?

Tags: None

Correct.

Typical retailer fob off to the manufacturer. Politely explain to them your contract is with the department store not the manufacturer and under the Consumer Right Act 2015, you are entitled to a repair or replacement and ask them to reconsider. If they still refuse, ask to speak to a manager to explain why they are refusing your consumer rights but if there is not one available, take the details of the store assistant and then your next step is to either complain to see if that will elicit a result or if not, you may have to go down the legal route.

Word of caution, they may surprise you and say that instead of a replacement they will have it repaired in which case it would be sensible to ask how long that is likely to take - an answer like "I don't know" doesn't cut the mustard because the CRA also says that if you have a repair carried out, you should not be significantly inconvenienced by having to wait a long time for it. So if they can't give you a reasonable time, ask them to provide a repair instead.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X