• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

Hi
    im hoping someone can help.
    My sister is in need of help.
    Shes with EE for the last month her phone in her house doesnt work no signal/data or anything.For the last 10 days completely not working.Cant make opr receive any communications and no data.Cannot even make emergency phone calls 999 .

At first she thought it was her phone,however EE cannot solve the problem in the building she lives in,the EE network wont work.
    She rang them up in distress to tell them she cannot make any communications and has no access to internet as she pays for unlimited data .So doesnt have any internet cant watch tv/use laptop/anything with wifi as she pays for the unlimited data through her phone.

She suffers badly from mental health ,she had a breakdown couldnt call her doctor for emergency mental health and is in a bad state.EE have said all they can do is give 1 months free billing,then they said hand the phone back and go elsewhere. Shes paid over 1 year towards the phone ,and getting a phone contract means she now needs to buy another phone.I have said to EE that cancel the contract but she keeps the phone.She has 1 year left of the contract.
    Shes with a phone that cant do anything with and in an emergency she cant do anything apart from walk 10 minutes down the road for network to work.If she gets any other provider three, sky etc it will work.Its not fair and shes suffering. Whats the law.The man in the EE shop has said breach of contract to some extent as your not getting a service.They dont know when they fix it,.offered no solution.
    I can go and get a phone for her with Three for example,however they require money for a contract towards a phone,leaving me in more debt that i cant afford.This is EEs fault not my sisters.She cant even get her diabetic sugar results as they link to her phone as she used a monitor on her arm.Shes really suffering,the only way she can access calls/internet is walking down the road.Yesterday 3am in the rain/snow trying to make a phone call,its not right at all.
    Does anyone know what to suggest /what law says.
    Its the fact shes paid 1 years towards the contract,has a year left then the phone would be hers.Shes spent a lot per month on this phone.If she could use the phone ,there wouldnt be a need to terminate the contract early.Its because there not providing a service.
    The 1 months free biling she doesnt want,she needs a mobile that works.Its the EE sim that is not working in her building,EE dont know when it will be fixed.
    Last edited by H.taylor; 19th December 2022, 21:33:PM.
    Tags: None

Hi HT

Write a Formal complaint to EE, explain the the reason for complaint (signal issues etc, with dates), how it's effected your sister (explain that it's caused stress / anxiety, illnesses etc) and explain what you want EE to do, to resolve the matter (explain that your sister isn't at fault, EE can't resolve the signal issues etc).

Explain that if they can't resolve the complaint, then you will lodge a complaint with the Services Ombudsman.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/mobile-phones

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X