• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Supermarket Home Delivery-My Address Blocked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermarket Home Delivery-My Address Blocked

Hi Everyone I used to order online groceries from Tesco for the past few years. In mid-August,I was told that my address had been blocked. Upon enquiry, I was informed that a female delivery driver had made a complaint against me,alleging that my behaviour was offensive, which is totally false and malicious. Due to the heatwave at that time and the fact that my flat gets very hot and humid, I was struggling to unload the grocery items from the tray, and thus made some noises,mostly to myself, struggling to breathe. I also sweat very easily,and was suffering badly due to the heat.

I was told by Citizens Advice Bureau to write to the company's head office,which I did do, outlining in detail what I thought may have just been a misunderstanding on the part of the driver. All to no avail,I received a letter from Tesco informong me that my address was permenatly blocked. I did point out to them that I live in a multiple occupancy block of flats-anybody could have approached the delivery driver while she was on the premises. The company has refused, or was simply unable to provide me with a date and time when this was meant to have happened,so I have utterly no idea when this even meant to have taken place.

I have tried the consumer Ombudsmen, but they do not deal with this type of complaint, and the no win/no fee solicitors are not interested either.I am just shocked,and frankly,outraged, by the arbitrary nature of this whole affair. What if the police had come knocking on my door? How on earth am I supposed to be able to answer for an event/allegation which never took place?

If anybody has any information regarding a situation of this nature, it would be most appreciated.

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Other supermarkets are available.

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
      Other supermarkets are available.
      This ^^^

Tesco are not legally obliged to provide a delivery service to you. And nor are Sainsburys, Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose, the Co-op, Ocado and numerous other companies who will deliver groceries to you if you want to use them.

Try somebody other than Tesco and understand that some delivery people might be unduly sensitive to how they are treated. Or how they perceive they are treated...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X