• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New car rejection - within 6 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car rejection - within 6 months

Hi everyone

Hoping for some advice regarding rights on new car rejection and any value deduction the dealership may impose.

In short, collected new car 1 May 2022, however, the reversing camera was of extremely poor quality due to dealer retrofitting rather than it being included in the factory build. We had agreed that the dealer would take this approach but it had been guaranteed that the standard would be the same. On collection, the dealer did confirm in writing that the camera was not to the correct standard and it would be rectified.

The dealer eventually collected the car in June to rectify (after much messing about) had the car for a further month, but had no success and so said instead they would replace the vehicle (again in writing).

All good so far.

That salesman has since left, contact with the dealership has been very difficult (not answering calls or responding to emails etc) but did today get a potentially ominous “the manager will call you tomorrow”.

All may be fine but keen to understand my rejection rights if the dealership try to renege on replacement.

The fault was identified with 30 days, but vehicle not rejected in that time as gave the dealer the opportunity to rectify (perhaps foolishly). I would like to think (perhaps naively) that the dealer didn’t string out collection to get past the 30 day timeframe.

Presumably now it falls within the “within six months” timeframe, where I understand I can still reject but the dealer can make a deduction for usage of the vehicle (had the vehicle for 4.5 months of which one month it was back with them).

is there any basis on how they can calculate that deduction? Rate per mile for example? Or anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks

Tags: None

When you requested repair of the fault, the thirty day clock stopped ticking.
    It only restarts when vehicle returned in a satisfactory condition.
    So you may still be within the thirty day period to use the short term right to reject.

If you rely on final right to reject the mileage deduction should be between 10p and 15p

Comment

Thank you - good to know there might still be option under the 30 day point, failing that deductions should be minimal (minimal mileage)

thanks for the advice as always

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X