• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unsafe garden structure - small claims court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsafe garden structure - small claims court

During October to November 2021 I had some work completed on a garden structure which cost around £4,000. Although the work seemed fine initially, many issues have developed with the structure in regards to leaking, insecure steps (resulting in me falling through them) and incorrectly installed electrics.

I have chased up the company who completed this work through text message, email and post and have had no response. I am now at the point where I need to have this repaired, likely at a cost exceeding what I originally paid due to the increasing cost of materials.

I am going to take the initial company to small claims court over this - please can someone help by confirming I have everything I need?

I have logs of messages confirming the work to be completed, a log of each payment, images of the issues and will be asking the new contractor for a report of each piece of work he is completing and the reason for it needing doing, whether it is down to poor workmanship, safety concerns etc. I will also have a quotation written up by the new contractor.

Is there anything I am missing or any tips anyone can help with? This is the first time I have been in a position where I have needed to do this.

Thanks!
    Tags: None

Have you checked the original contractor can pay you when you win?

Comment

how do you check whether they can pay?

Comment

Are they insured?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X