• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BG Homesheild Hive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BG Homesheild Hive

Hi,
    First of all I want firstly point out that I am in no way shape or form complaining about the service or device I ourchased.
    In December 2022 I purchased a security alarm by Hive through Amazon and installed. Had a few issues where the system would alarm for no reason, this was rectified by replacing the alarm bell.
    So, on the 11th July (this month) I received an email from hive to say that there ceasing all their homesheild products which will cease to work as they advertised after August 2025.
    Email bellow,
    My question is, theyre basically saying that no refunds will be issued as 2025 is a good enough time for this product.
    Surely this is not right? Should this product not work and be supported for the remainder of its life however long that is??

Where do I stand with this? I haven't contacted them yet but wanted to see where I stood legally before I contact them.

​​​​​​​any advice is much apreciated.
    Hi Carl,
    It’s not easy saying goodbye to products our customers love. But as a smart tech brand in the middle of a climate crisis, we know our focus needs to change.
    At Hive, we’ve got big plans to make Britain’s homes greener. So we’ve made the tough decision to discontinue our smart security and leak detection products – and develop more smart home tech that’ll get us closer to Net Zero.
    ​​
    HomeShield
    We’ll continue to support the HomeShield suite – including sirens, keypads and subscriptions – for another three years, ending 1st August 2025. To find out what this means for your products, please visit our HomeShield FAQ page.
    Tags: None

Hi unseen

How did you pay for it?

Comment

Do you still have (or can obtain) a copy of the original advertisements for Homeshield?
      You need to see what was in your contract when the system was purchased

Comment

Originally posted by Unseencarl View Post
        Hi,
        First of all I want firstly point out that I am in no way shape or form complaining about the service or device I ourchased.
        In December 2022 I purchased a security alarm by Hive through Amazon and installed. Had a few issues where the system would alarm for no reason, this was rectified by replacing the alarm bell.
        So, on the 11th July (this month) I received an email from hive to say that there ceasing all their homesheild products which will cease to work as they advertised after August 2025.
        Email bellow,
        My question is, theyre basically saying that no refunds will be issued as 2025 is a good enough time for this product.
        Surely this is not right? Should this product not work and be supported for the remainder of its life however long that is??

Where do I stand with this? I haven't contacted them yet but wanted to see where I stood legally before I contact them.

​​​​​​​any advice is much apreciated.
        Hi Carl,
        It’s not easy saying goodbye to products our customers love. But as a smart tech brand in the middle of a climate crisis, we know our focus needs to change.
        At Hive, we’ve got big plans to make Britain’s homes greener. So we’ve made the tough decision to discontinue our smart security and leak detection products – and develop more smart home tech that’ll get us closer to Net Zero.
        ​​
        HomeShield
        We’ll continue to support the HomeShield suite – including sirens, keypads and subscriptions – for another three years, ending 1st August 2025. To find out what this means for your products, please visit our HomeShield FAQ page.
        Hi,

I purchased on amazon partial payment by amazon gift card and remainder by debit card.. i did think about the payment as i would of gone to my credit card company if i paid with it..

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
          Hi unseen

How did you pay for it?
          Hi,

Sorry about the late reply,

on the origional ad it says

Hive HomeShield - Starter Pack (without hub)

Protect your home from your phone with easy control, smart security reports and intelligent alerts for the whole family.

With HomeShield you can control your alarm system from anywhere using your phone, tablet or Apple Watch. Customise the Home, Sleep and Away Modes to help keep your home safe and secure when you’re away or asleep. HomeShield notifies you and your trusted contacts by text, automated phone call and app notifications. Invite family and friends to help you manage your HomeShield alerts. You are in control of what they can see and do with Partner, Family or Guest permission levels.
          • Control of your connected alarm system for your smart devices
          • Never miss an alert
          • Take action
          • Simple dashboard

none of which will be valid at the time when the system ceases.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

amazon are now warning customers About this item

• As of 11/07/2022, this product has been discontinued by the manufacturer; You will be able to continue using this product as normal until 01/08/2025; After this date, the device will lose functionality
          • Home, Away and Sleep modes - Customise each mode so the right parts of your home are protected at the right time
          • Guest access – Give your babysitter, cleaner or dogwalker their own unique PIN. So that they can get temporary access to your home for the times they need it without requiring access to the app.
          • Intelligent alerts – The moment your alarm is triggered you’ll get an instant alert. Receive a phonecall, notification or text so you (or friends and family) can take action straight away.
          • Contact the police through the app – As soon as the alarm is triggered, everyone with access to your Hive HomeShield will receive an alert. The emergency button in the app will quickly connect you straight to the emergency services.
          • Voice control – HomeShield works seamlessly with your smart speaker. When your hands are full, use your smart speaker to arm or disarm your alarm.
          None of the promised functions will work..

the idea is i set via voice and apps i can monitor via my phone.. non of this will be available after the cut off date..

my whole house is connected via hive.. heating, lighting and other things..

i have now decided british gas cannot be trusted and i will be removing everything from this company.

Comment

You should of paid by Credit Card.

I would hit BG's social media platforms with complaints, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

No doubt this would effect thousands of other people, maybe you can all group together.

I know Hive previously had free services with their heating products, then one day they (British Gas) decided to charge for them, never telling people that would be the case when initially purchased by customers.

You can lodge complaints with CAB / Trading Standards and Advertising Standards Agency.

Comment

After hours of trawling through various websites and links I found this:
              "We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing a service. We will let you know at least 30 days in advance of our stopping the service and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for services that will not be provided"

looks like they covered themselves in the small print1
              Seems that the productwas only introduced a short while ago, so there must be many like you who feel shortchanged.
              If enough noise is made by a group of disgruntled customers BG might offer some sort of compensation, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

link: https://assets.ctfassets.net/mijf9lz...ruary_2022.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X