• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Returned mobile during cooling off period, now chased for large fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returned mobile during cooling off period, now chased for large fee

Hi,

on the 9th of February I purchased a mobile phone contract from a company called Metrofone, I didn't really like the phone and it wasn't compatible with some apps I use so I contacted the company nine days after I received the phone and requested to exercise the cooling-off clause which they agreed to.

They requested I send the phone back no later than 72hrs after they sent the acknowledgment email that my request had been accepted and I posted the phone back the very next day.

It took them a few days to come back to me to say they were having trouble getting hold of Vodafone and that my disconnection request was pending and then a few days later they emailed me to say my disconnection was accepted so I requested a PAC code to transfer my number and thought that was the end of it.

I check my credit file regularly and I noticed a few days ago that there was a large (£880) outstanding balance added to my account by Vodafone and marked as overdue.

Today I've spoken with Vodafone who stated that they didn't receive the disconnection request from Metrofone until the first week in March and as a consequence, I'm liable to pay the outstanding balance.

Metrofone has been worse than useless and when I eventually managed to speak to someone they said that if I send them my bill they will "try" to get the bill sorted with Vodafone but as I requested a PAC code before the disconnection was processed by Vodafone (despite metrofone telling me it was sorted) I'm probably liable.

What can I do here as this balance is going to wreck my credit rating which is always excellent and I'm due to remortgage soon so the consequences of this could be massive for me.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Tags: None

Hi Briz

You need to do everything is writing, to resolve this.

a) Write to Vodafone, explain that you have followed all the Metrofone procedures and that nothing is owed to Vodafone.That the information on your credit file is incorrect and if it isn't removed, you will lodge a complaint with the ICO. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

b) Write a complaint to Metrofone, a summary with dates, explain that if the matter isn't sorted, you will take any further action that you deem necessary. Make sure you get Proof of Postage. You could consider sending them a SAR request.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X