• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Won’t return my money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won’t return my money

Trying to keep if brief.. I was going to buy a holiday lodge from a company we worked closely with. I sent them my 5k deposit but had absolutely no paperwork and nothing was signed this was back in September.
    Subsequently we were looking at getting some funding support to buy the lodge but ended up decided it wasn’t worth it for the amount of interest we would have to pay.
    Now the company we were buying from won’t give my 5k back and are ignoring all my messages.

Tags: None

Prior to sending the deposit, what document, letter or e-mail mentioned the amount and if it was 'subject to contract'. That means that before the contract is entered into, it is fully returnable.

Have you spoken with the company about this since requesting a refund and if so, what was their response?

Comment

How did you pay the deposit? Was it credit card?

Comment

I paid the deposit as a transfer from my bank account. One of my business partners was working with them doing sales so there was no paperwork at all. I have evidence to show payment but absolutely nothing else.
        They are ignoring all my calls, messages and emails

Comment

Originally posted by ClareS View Post
          I paid the deposit as a transfer from my bank account. One of my business partners was working with them doing sales so there was no paperwork at all. I have evidence to show payment but absolutely nothing else.
          They are ignoring all my calls, messages and emails
          Do some digging on the company, Companies House etc See if there has been other complaints about the company etc. Report back (depending on what you find out, you could consider a complaint to Action Fraud).

You could consider contacting CAB / Trading Standards, make sure you get a Reference Number.

I think you need to write a Letter Before Action, give them 14 days to return the money. Make sure you send it Recorded Delivery.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...m-aSFAC8Q6Jqan

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X