• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I've got a nasty feeling they've hidden their assets...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a nasty feeling they've hidden their assets...

So a couple of years ago I comissioned a fabricator to build a custom trailer for my motorcycle for a business I was starting.
    Long story short he took my money and never provided the trailer, my business was ruined and I sued him.
    After 2 years I successfully sued him for £5000 and had a CCJ placed against him.

A few months later he registers another business with almost the exact same name on Companies House, with his wife named as a director...The Sheriff's have been told he is liquidating the business but I know this isn't true because he hasn't paid his taxes either, and Companies House were about to strike him off the register until I intervened and got a hold put on it.

So, my question is, if the sheriffs can't get my money back because he has no assets, how do I report what he has done and bring criminal proceedings against him, or at least get this incredibly dodgy looking new business investigated? Is there someone I need to call, or a form I need to fill in, or something like that?

I just saw that Boris Becker has been jailed for doing basically the exact same thing (albeit on a far larger scale), and if that's the next stage I want to be prepared for when the time comes to act.

Any help/advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X