• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ParcelForce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ParcelForce

Not sure if this is the correct area to post but here goes....

I purchased two cabinets from Italy on Ebay last February 2021. We had delivered all fine.

End of last week ParcelForce have billed me for this delivery £61.63, Import VAT and Clearance fee. They say due to technical error this bill was not communicated before delivery of goods and should be paid now, sorry for delay.

Items paid and it was free delivery value £250. However looking back at the listing and in communication with Ebay they say because the order was over £135 there are fees applied and should have been paid by me prior to delivery by ParcelForce.

? Nearly a year on

Do I have to pay this bill from ParcelForce and if I don't what could happen....?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Yes the bill is payable. They could take you to court to get you to pay their HMRC bill

Comment

The money is owed, but customer service could be better.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, send it to the Managing Director of ParcelForce. Definitely a failure in customer service.

Explain what happened, why it's unfair and what you want them to do about it. It's almost a year on.

Email it to:

Aaron Barnes
      Managing Director
      ParcelForce UK
      aaron.r.barnes@royalmail.com

Comment

Thanks everyone

I will pay if I have to but will try to waive it as do think it's unfair now a year later as I assumed I took delivery and no fees to pay so figured my purchase payment covered it all.

Here is the complaint, please comment if okay to send:

Dear Mr Barnes

RE: Letter of Complaint

I received a letter from Parcelforce end of last week dated 13 January 2022, tracking reference XXXXXXX, country of origin Italy asking me to pay Import VAT and Clearance Fee totaling £61.63.

The only item I purchased from Italy was via Ebay on 16 February 2021.

I took delivery and at no point was asked to pay any fees so assumed non to pay and my order purchased covered everything.

I am not happy that nearly a year on that I am now being asked to pay these fees. At no point was I informed by Parcelforce that there was a fee to be paid prior to delivery and think it is unfair now to be asking me to pay nearly a year later.

I request please that you waive these fees in this instance and address your customer service so future incidents do not occur in this manner.

I will look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely

Can I send this as email or letter attached to email?

Thanks

Comment

That's fine, let us know what they say. I would just copy / paste into the email the letter.

Comment

Thanks.

Now sent, will update result...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X