• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Consumer advice needed LG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer advice needed LG

Just over a year ago I purchased an LG washing machine and a tumble dryer both with a stainless steel finish. The washing machine finish has started peeling. I complained about this and they sent an “engineer” from 0800 repairs to inspect it. LG’s response “This has likely been caused by cleaning products or water being sat on the paint work and this has caused the paint to rust and cause the paint work to look green.

As this is a cosmetic issue with the unit, this is not something that is covered underneath the manufacturing warranty. In this case, we are unable to assist further. “

Now both appliances have the same finish, are in the same location, are cleaned with water and a micro fibre cloth. One is peeling one isn’t. So that is an indication that there is a problem with the paint used. As I see others on Facebook have posted similar peeling issues with appliance by LG so this is not an isolated incident and it is not “cosmetic”. It’s a manufacturing issue. I also see people have posted LG sell a “top up paint” so they are clearly aware this is a problem. Yet they continue to fob customers off. Can anyone advise how I this further please?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such, explain whats happened, why they are wrong (because they sell paint, it's a known fault with the product) and what you want them to do about it. You could attach evidence from other consumers.
    Make your case to them. Email it to:

Brian Na
    CEO
    LG UK

brian.na@lge.com

See what they say. If it's something you want to take to court you would need an Expert Witness / report.

Comment

Have you tried contacting the retailer ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X