• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Brand New Car Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

That's more nonsense from the Dealer, they can refer you to the Motor Ombudsman but they can't make a complaint on your behalf (It could be that they are seeking advice from them, which they can do, but I still don't get it).

It might be an idea to contact CAB / Trading Standards, give details of your complaint (they are messing you about regarding the rejection of the car), they will give you a Reference Number which you can use in future correspondence They seem to be delaying things..
    They did say they just want clarification from the Motor Ombudsman I'll report them to Trading Standards as you've advised

Comment

If the vehicle is accepted under rejection/cancellation for Distance Selling would I be in trouble for using the vehicle for emergencies only? I have a family member that I care for who has dementia/mobility issues so a vehicle is essential for hospital travel etc

Comment

Once the vehicle has been rejected it is better that it is not used.
        It isn't a matter of "being in trouble" but just think of the problems it would cause if damaged in an RTA.

Comment

Had a reply from dealership today:

"I am pleased to advise that we will pick up the car asap. My Transport Manager will call to arrange this with you. It is with regret however that we will not be able to supply you with another vehicle. We are that this has taken time and you are obviously disappointed. Any monies due back to you will be reimbursed on the day we collect. We have coped Vauxhall Finance in this email so they are aware of what is happening".

Obviously don't know if my they are accepting the Distance Selling Rejection or Consumer Rights, as there is damage on the vehicle.... Can they accuse me of any damage that I have already raised???

Comment

No problem leaving it awhile, but if it isn't settled before 30 days after delivery be prepared to reject under CRA 2015 short term right to reject.
            No reason not to use every weapon in your armoury

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
              No problem leaving it awhile, but if it isn't settled before 30 days after delivery be prepared to reject under CRA 2015 short term right to reject.
              No reason not to use every weapon in your armoury
              Dealership have said it will be collected on 31st August 2021, I'm just worried as they have said they will inspect the vehicle... I've obviously sent over all pictures of damage that I found when delivery was made to myself.... If they "find" new damage and try to blame it on me I'll go nuts
              Last edited by Housebound; 24th August 2021, 16:43:PM.

Comment

Shouldn't worry too much about that.
                I just reread post 1 and see that you have already probably rejected the vehicle under CRA 2015 rights.
                If that is correct the dealer should have collected the vehicle by now anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                  Shouldn't worry too much about that.
                  I just reread post 1 and see that you have already probably rejected the vehicle under CRA 2015 rights.
                  If that is correct the dealer should have collected the vehicle by now anyway!
                  They refused to accept a rejection under CRA2015 last week, I've just double checked the email they have sent today and phoned the Director of the dealership she confirmed rejection has been accepted under Distance Selling Regulations reason it took so long is because they had to get confirmation from the Motor Ombudsman that I was allowed to do this as they had do idea it even existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Housebound View Post

They refused to accept a rejection under CRA2015 last week, I've just double checked the email they have sent today and phoned the Director of the dealership she confirmed rejection has been accepted under Distance Selling Regulations reason it took so long is because they had to get confirmation from the Motor Ombudsman that I was allowed to do this as they had do idea it even existed.
                    They could have just Googled it on the Motor Ombudsman website, 4th paragraph down.

https://www.themotorombudsman.org/distance-sales-faqs

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

They could have just Googled it on the Motor Ombudsman website, 4th paragraph down.

https://www.themotorombudsman.org/distance-sales-faqs
                      I quoted that exact post in my email last week haha they STILL wouldn't give me an answer till they had spoken with them
                      Last edited by Housebound; 24th August 2021, 16:56:PM.

Comment

They were obviously told not to believe everything (anything?) on the net!

Well done.. hopefully that's the end of it

Comment

Update: Vehicle was collected by Dealership on Tuesday, was swiftly sent a refund for the mats/boot liner that I had purchased with the car and by the end of the business day I was sent confirmation of a bank transfer to the finance company to settle that also.... Really happy with the outcome and surprised how quickly everything was sorted after Dealership spoke with TMO

Thanks guys for all your input much appreciated

Comment

That's great news.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X