• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PayPal UK issue taking payments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal UK issue taking payments

Issues with PayPal UK not taking PayPal.

I have a PayPal pay in 3 payment due a few weeks ago, it was set up as a direct debit and the money was taken with no issue. However when it was time for the second payment the payment wouldn't go through.

After a while of trying to manually make the payment I phoned PayPal and asked them to take the payment manually, they could not. They did try, it wouldn't go through. It is continually being rejected.

On PayPal's advice I transferred the money to a different account. I made sure all cards and accounts were verified on my PayPal. The payment still wouldn't go through.

I've messaged them on twitter, I've messaged them via their own messaging service. Basically they started to blame my bank, they told me it was my visa card holder. I then contacted my visa holder (a department within my bank) they told me they have had an abundance of calls concerning PayPal with the same issue. They said that PayPal need to send their payment request as a Verify by Visa. I called PayPal again and told them this, they refuted that it was my bank/Visa.

It isn't my bank. I have exhausted my options and I have no way to get this money to them. It's sitting in my bank waiting on them taking it. They won't send the request in a safer way a ( this is what my bank requested). The bank said that PayPal are using an outdated method and need to update their system.

My Pay in 3 contract states that payment can be taken directly via my bank, this is not an option when I try change the payment source.

In the meantime I am being harassed by PayPal with phonecalls and emails seeking payment as though I am deliberately not giving it.

I don't know what to do next. I have never had to work so hard to give someone money.

I want them to take it. They won't. They put me in contact with an endless stream of customer service representatives that don't know how to take the payment either.

I don't know what to do. They are telling me this can affect my credit rating and continuing to act like it's on my end. I've tried my sisters MasterCard, her visa as well. It's just not working. It can't be Visa, my bank and MasterCard. The one common denominator is PayPal.

At this stage I feel like I should shut my PayPal account because it's causing me so much stress. It's affecting my mental health but I don't want to do this. I want them to take the payment and put this all to rest.

I'm just looking for some advice because I have no idea where to go now.

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Hi SF1992

I would ask the community, if Paypal don't know what's going on, guaranteed that someone in the PayPal community will (have a quick search to see if someone has encountered the same problem before) -

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...t-p/en-support

Comment

Hi, thank you for responding! I have made a post on the forums last week. There was no response, there are a few posts about payments not going through but none have my exact issue.

Comment

The payment went through! I'm so relieved. I have no idea what changed but I messaged PayPal a lot yesterday trying to sort it so maybe they passed it on to someone
        I'll leave this post in case anyone else is going through this. I tried to make the payment about thirty times with it being rejected each time, from different accounts and different cards. I have no idea what changed.

Thanks for the response!

Comment

Originally posted by Sf1992 View Post
          The payment went through! I'm so relieved. I have no idea what changed but I messaged PayPal a lot yesterday trying to sort it so maybe they passed it on to someone
          I'll leave this post in case anyone else is going through this. I tried to make the payment about thirty times with it being rejected each time, from different accounts and different cards. I have no idea what changed.

Thanks for the response!
          That's cool, just keep checking your accounts to make sure 'multiple' payments haven't gone through.

Comment

An update to my first post, this has happened again while trying to pay my last pay in 3 payment. I've been in contact with PayPal for days now with no resolution and despite them being very aware that this issue they have added yet another late fee.

I was told by PayPal representatives two days ago that the issue has been forwarded on to their 'concerned team' and they would be in contact with me at the 'earliest'.

I don't really know what to do now.

I have literally exhausted my options, I can't even count the amount of times that I have contacted them over this issue
            Their response is usually a repetition of "Change your card/payment option"

I feel like the people they have in place aren't qualified to resolve this issue and just keep saying the same things and blaming everyone else but themselves.

I have tried several different payment options, the issue is not the payment options, it is because they are using an outdated payment method to request payments. I have told them this over and over and each time they just wave me off with no resolution.

It states in my pay in 3 contract that payment can be taken directly from my bank account, however this is not an option and they also say that they can't change the payment options to my bank account.

I don't know what to do anymore because I literally have nothing else I can do about this. I know that tomorrow (or Monday) PayPal will start harassing me with constant phone calls like they did last month, the emails have already started. This is despite me being in constant contact with them over this issue.

I have the money but something is going wrong when they attempt to take it. (This is happening no matter what type of payment options are given, it has been tried on 2 Visas and a MasterCard).
            ​​​​​​

I would really appreciate some advice on what to do next.

Comment

a) Try deleting all the cookies on your device see if that works,
              b) Turn of the Firewalls (especially if you are using Windows Firewall) on your device then try, remember to switch them back on,

Then you can request all late fees back.

Comment

I already took all those steps, I made sure there was no firewall, cleared the cookies etc. I tried making payments via PayPals own app, their website and even by phoning them
                It just won't go through, I've tried it on a different phone too so I know it's not how I'm trying to pay.

I've asked PayPal over and over to send the payment via Verify by Visa (as this safer method should work according to the bank) but they ignore my request every time.

Comment

Have you tried a different browser?
                  Also check all the PayPal settings.

Comment

On the 2nd July 2007 PayPal moved their registered office from the United Kingdom to Luxembourg. That was the day I closed my PayPal account and have never used them again,

Comment

I have yes! I'm fairly certain the issue is not on my end as I've went through everything to make sure it isn't. I've tried different browsers and devices, I've changed cards from Visa to MasterCard I've made sure nothing is stopping the payment on my end. I honestly don't know what more I can do and I'm constantly contacting PayPal over it.

They told me two days ago they were forwarding the issue onward and they would get back to me but they haven't, the payment still won't go through and they are adding on late charges.

My bank think that PayPal need to "Update their system" as it's outdated and their requests are being shown as fraudulent. The only resolution for this is for PayPal to change their payment request method but no matter how many times I request this from them, they just ignore me.

They've been giving me the runaround for three weeks the first time this happened and now for three days this time.

Each time I contact them they just give me the same basic and vague answers and don't answer my request for them to take the payment by a more secure method

Comment

That's strange, it was right after they moved their offices that my issues began! I wonder if it's connected?

Comment

I'm sure I had this issue some years ago, let me check back and figure how I resolved it.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                            I'm sure I had this issue some years ago, let me check back and figure how I resolved it.
                            I wont hold my breath waiting for your resolution

Comment

PayPal still haven't contacted me back despite their reassuring me that they were referring it onward to their 'concerned team' and would contact me at the earliest.

They have no problems email me to inform me of added late fees and asking for payment "so I won't get charged more late fees".

Every single time I speak to them they just brush me off. I think if I can figure out how I'll put in a formal complaint as it's getting ridiculous at this point.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X