• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wedding venue mislead me over refund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding venue mislead me over refund

I wonder if someone could kindly offer me some assistance. I booked a wedding with venue for last August, the wedding couldn't go ahead as planned and when we called them on the phone and they told us our contract said no refunds for money already paid and our only option was to move to a new date. Not knowing our rights we accepted what they told us and agreed to move it to this April. We then called them in October last year and asked if we could move it to 2022 and they told us no existing customers can move to that date. And they told us they had emailed us a new contract that we didn't even know about. And the terms of contract were different, which of course we didn't accept as we didn't even know we had that email. As they couldn't offer us 2022 I asked if we could have a partial refund, for them to keep the initial deposit of £1500 and return me the rest which they said again no refunds. Some time later they offered us a new date in August...which again we really didn't want but accepted as we didn't want to lose the £5000 we had paid them so far. But this time they didn't send us a new contract. But now are offering us 2022 but only a Thursday. I've since learned from reading a letter from the CMA that we should have been offered a refund at the time and now feel outraged and cheated and no longer want my wedding with this venue at all. So I emailed them these concerns that I wasn't offered a refund at the original time of asking in August 2020 and I feel they should honour that as they breached my rights.
    They have basically just said you have a new date that you agreed and now you must go forward with that or move it to a Thursday 2022. I feel like I am being robbed, I've spoke with CAB and they didn't really have any options for me. I feel like my only option is to go to small claims court and let a judge decide.

I suppose my only question is do I have any rights could argue in small claims and also is there anyone else I could complain to other then the CMA. Financial ombudsman I don't think can help Trading standards I can only complain to through CAB and I feel like they didn't understand my plight.
    Tags: None

I am very sorry that you ran into such troubles on the way to your wedding.

Comment

Hi Sleeper

How did you pay for the wedding?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X