• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Refused payment date change and charged late fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refused payment date change and charged late fees

In early 2020, I renewed my motor insurance with 1st Central financial services. Payments were set up to be made by DD for the 1st of every month following wages being paid every last Friday of the month and were paid on time religiously.

Then in December 2020 I was made redundant and ended up moving onto Universal Credit in February. My income payment date changed to the 12th of every month and I requested 1st Central to change my insurance payment date to avoid any late payment fees.

They refused.

I was charged £30.00 late payment fees for April, May, June, July and August 2020, totalling £150.00, between continuous requests to change the payment date with 1st Central Installments and Customer Services departments, who continuously refused to do so. I got so angry with them that I ended the contract about 2 months prior to it finishing.

I am now being chased by AJJB Law on behalf of 1st Central and being threatened with a CCJ for the outstanding sum of £139.86 on the contract, which in my head, I do not owe as they took this from me in unsolicited late fees after refusing to change my payment date.

I retained all the emails sent and received during this time, as well as having recorded telephone calls to them - so quite a bit of evidence to present if it goes to court.

My question is, do I have a leg to stand on legally or do I have to face the fact that, apart from being screwed over, I have no alternative but to pay them on their demand?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X