• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

gross misconduct for theft, extremely anxious

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gross misconduct for theft, extremely anxious

I created a thread recently discussing my case. I'll give a brief explanation. I work in a food store and on my break during my shift I would take food and not pay for it, some times I would, some times I would completely forget. I am not sure as to how much the total products amass to but I would highly doubt that it came to more than £1000 and that is at the extreme end.

I got suspended last week so they can investigate. I had a meeting yesterday (Thursday) where they showed me footage from last month showing me taking products and not paying. I have a further meeting at a later date to discuss the outcome. I am extremely anxious and panicked as to what will happen, I have accepted my job is lost now, but I am more scared of any police action. I can't sleep, I have lost interest in everything and my constant worry has made me lose my entire appetite.

I understand it is my actions that have caused it, but it's not like me at all. I didn't take the items in a malicious way. I worked in a managerial position and was given numerous occasions where I could have took money, but I would never do that, so I am puzzled as to why I have taken products without paying.

Like I said my main concern is police action and possibly prison. What that does for my future, I have lost any hope for a positive future and so my present just seems like a waste of time. I am very lost and I am living in constant anxiety attacks, anyone have any advice that can possibly clear the situation up for me. Thank you all, take care.
    Tags: None

You need someone to talk to. I suggest contacting a mental health support group who could help you come to terms with the issues.
    Are you able/allowed to have a meeting with a line manager who knows you. Then you can share everything.
    I think if they were going to involve the police it would have happened much sooner. In legal matters it is insignificant.
    A hoped for outcome would be a strong warning. If you worked in a managerial position you must have had some status. They could recognise it as out of character. It's easy for me to say but don't imagine the worst.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X