• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty car claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty car claim

Hi everyone, great forum and looking for some advice.

So, basically I bought a 2013 car from a second hand car dealership at the end of September, and a day or so later a fault message came up on the dash. So I called them ASAP to report the fault and they suggested I return the car to them to plug it into their diagnostic machine to read the codes. I did as they requested and the fault code pointed at a faulty exhaust temperature sensor 2. They said that the car only had one sensor and the machine was wrong, and so they would clean sensor 1 and asked me to drive it to see if that fixed it, it didn't.

Over the proceeding 4 weeks I returned the car to them 5 times, but they couldn't fix it and were adamant it only had one sensor. In the end I took it into my local garage for them to diagnose the fault, they came up with the same error code and said it does have another sensor, they had replaced lots on other cars. In the end I instructed my local garage to fix it, and low and behold they were right. Car is all fixed and running great, however I am now £174 out of pocket.

My question is, I feel that I gave the dealership more than a fair chance to fix the car over 4 weeks and 5 visits. It was a simple fault which any garage could repair. Therefore, I feel they should reimburse me for the cost of repair. Am I right and should I write a letter to them requesting compensation?
    Tags: None

Well you certainly won't get your money back if you don't ask.

If they won't pay you'll have to decide if it is worth the hassle of initiating a court claim

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X