• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Very online shopping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very online shopping

Good Afternoon.

I would like to ask anyone could provide me with any information that may be useful in trying to converse with very (catalogue company) online, I purchased a Samsung 55 inch Qled TV in June 2019 and the TV screen is completely and utterly dead, I have had an engineers report that tells me the cost of the repair and that the screen is defective.

I wish to exercise my rights under the consumer regulations act 2015 to either of the television repaired or replacement unfortunately I am finding it extremely impossible to converse with very sore and more than likely will ultimately take the matter to the courts online which will ultimately cost them more money.

I wrote to them to weeks ago with the engineers report the cost of the repair and what I wanted them to do the letter was signed for the following day as I paid for special delivery yet they haven't had the decency to contact me, I will be more than willing to use an alternative dispute resolution but it is pointless asking them if they take part in one as they completely ignore their customers until the customer purchases an item and then they are fantastic

I would be grateful if anyone please tell me how I can go about this before taking the matter to the courts but I am more than willing to take this matter to the courts, I have instructed the Samsung authorised service agent to repair the television as I have had no correspondence from very therefore I have had no option but to have the TV repaired otherwise I would be spending another £1200 on another TV and I don't think I would be able to claim that back from them.

I am grateful for your time.

Regards
    stillo
    Tags: None

Presumably you have been trying to resolve this through their customer disservice department.
    Before initiating court action have you tried emailing their CEO with details of the problem and the lack of response?
    It sometimes works wonders!
    Details here: https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-44...p%20Direct-CEO

Comment

Good Evening.

Thank you very much for your rapid response I have not tried emailing the CEO the I have sent a letter special delivery sign for that was received at their Liverpool head office a week and a half ago and they have not yet had a response.

I have no alternative but to authorise the repair ofthe TV with a Samsung authorised repair service centre at a cost of £420 so I'm hoping to be able to claim this money back as I have had absolutely no response whatsoever from very I have also given them the opportunity to advise me of the way in which they intend to proceed

I hope I can use the consumer regulations act 2015 although I must admit I don't know enough about this act to be confident enough to pursue it, I suffer extremely badly with a severe eyesight disorder which renders me legally blind so finding information I need is sometimes a little tricky.

I thank you very much for the pointer towards the CEO and I shall drop him or her an email as I am getting absolutely nowhere with there head office, I did attempt to speak to a customer service agent butI could not understand a single word he said, he didn't seem to be speaking any form of English language so I found it extremely difficult to understand him coupled with the fact that the telephone line was as bad as two tin cans with a piece of string between them in the end I just gave up hope altogether of trying to converse with him

I am extremely disappointed at the way very conduct themselves they must seriously go out of their way to stop customers from contacting them, anyway I thank you very much for your time and I thank you very much for the information.

Regards

stillo

Comment

Presumably you are considering a claim under Consumer Rights Act 2016 on the basis the TV was not of satisfactory quality (durability)

I would suggest you wait until two weeks have elapsed from their receipt of your last letter before contacting Mr Birch.
        In your letter to him highlight that besides the problem with the TV you are dissatisfied with their customer service.
        Also tell him that you are prepared to invoke your consumer rights and initiate court action to recover the costs you incurred in having the TV repaired

Good luck

Comment

Good Evening

thank you very much for your recent advice I have as you suggested left it tWo weeks after delivery of my letter to customer services head office, I have had no reply whatsoever from them so I have now initiated the repair of the TV and an engineer is going to replace the screen on Wednesday at a cost of £420 that is including the part the Labour and £48 for the report that very said they would reimburse me the maximum of £45.

I have now not heard from very so I have no alternative but to have my TV repaired and hopefully recover my costs either through the courts or very reimbursing the before I take any action however I cannot see them paying me and if they don't it will incur another £80 court fee and I shall also ask for a reasonable sum for the lack of pleasure I have had from the TV since I reported it on 8 October via telephone.

I have been given a copy of the cost of the repair I have been given report that very said I needed to gather from an accredited VAT registered company and they have also kept a copy of the email from their customer services advising me that when they had made their decision they would either repair the TV or provide me with a new one with the reduction of 20% because the TV was over 12 months old however they have done neither for now I will take action and I thank you very much for your advice

Take care and thank you
          stillo

Comment

Well good luck and if you need more support post on this thread.
            Could you please keep us updated?

Comment

just an update with regards to claiming the cost of the repair back from very, after sending the CEO Mr Birch and email about what has happened I have today had a phone call from the executive team at very and they have put in the post a cheque for the full sum of £420so big thank you for providing me with the email address of the CE are I am eternally grateful for your assistance and I am so pleased that very sorted the matter out due to his intervention.

Take care
              stillo

Comment

Pleased it all turned out well
                Thank you for the update

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X