• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Where do I go next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I go next?

Hi all
    first of all I hope this is in the correct forum, if not my apologies.

anyway on the 22nd July this year I ordered a shed costing £434 from a website called sheds.co.uk which seems to be a sub company of “sixty stores”. I paid via Paypal hoping that I would be protected.

The shed got delivered on the 17th August but had damaged panels and nails sticking out. I immediately sent the company an email as when I phoned they were shut, with pictures of all the issues. They replied saying they would pass it on to the supplier to send replacement panels out as they agreed from the photos that it was damaged and of poor quality.
    The supplier then wanted photos of the full panels instead of close up photos, of which I did. I even sent them a list of what was needed. After being messed around I decided to contact Paypal to make a claim, yet the seller decided to escalate it instead of letting me do it.

The original resolution date was the 5th September but Paypal keep putting this date back and is now the 17th September (but this keeps being put back every few days).

Paypal have said that they will issue a full refund once the shed has been returned, however the cheapest quote I have had so far is £150 yet Paypal will only cover the return cost up to £15.

I have since emailed the company like Paypal suggested to see if they will arrange collection but no answer in nearly two weeks. I even gave them three options, being 1* replace panels as requested and arrange collection of damaged ones (to show I’m not pulling a fast one)
    2* full refund and they arrange collection of whole shed
    3* 50% refund and I keep the shed as is and try to fix it myself

I think the above options are perfectly reasonable in my opinion.

Sorry for the long post but I just don’t know where to turn now especially as I have a damaged shed with nails lay in my garden and I fear my children will get hurt or something more serious if I let them go out to play.
    Tags: None

Tell the supplier you require them to collect the shed at their expense and return your purchase money in full
    This is as per your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
    Tell them that failure to respond within 7 days and you will initiate court action to recover your money without further reference to themselves

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Tell the supplier you require them to collect the shed at their expense and return your purchase money in full
      This is as per your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
      Tell them that failure to respond within 7 days and you will initiate court action to recover your money without further reference to themselves
      Thanks for that. I’ve just posted a message to watchdog (although I’m not sure if I should have or not)
      I’ll get on it straight away

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X