• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motorcycle rejection.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle rejection.

Hi all,
    Hope you can help.

I purchased a motorcycle on the 18/03/2020 from a dealership in England, I stay in Scotland.
    The bike initially ran well, however a few days before 18/06/2020 I noticed the bike had started to get very warm and on further inspection it was extremely low on oil. I had riden around 3k mileage since purchasing, mainly in the first few days as lock down kicked in. I had checked the oil levels regularly.

I contacted a mechanic near me to look at it which he did and had it between 18/06 and 29/06. He diagnosed it as 'Clutch pushrod seal leaking and engine piston rings worn' and adviced a new engine may be required. I then contacted the dealership and told them the symptoms of what was wrong wiht the bike which was, leaking oil and burning oil from the exhaust, they then requested I pay for the bike to be sent back down to their dealership which I agreed and did. On the 28th July they called me to say they had fixed 2 oil seals and if didn't seem to be burning oil and they had replaced the oil and topped it up to standard so I paid for the bike to be shipped back to my home.

After I completed 600 miles, I was was still having the same issues and the fresh oil they had put in the bike was more of less empty, so I immediately contacted the dealer again and they said the bike left their dealership with no leak or burning oil. They requested I sent them photos of the issues and a video of the exhaust which I did and they said its not a concern to them, despite blue smoke coming from the exhaust. I explained I wasn't happy and they agreed for me to put the bike into my local Suzuki dealership for a third opinion. On the 18/08 Suzuki emailed me to confirm there is a leak on the left hand side possibly from the waterpump oil seal and was definitely burning oil.

I emailed the dealership to offer two options, one that suzuki fix the bike and the dealer agree to pay the bill or two, they arrange collection for the bike and refund me the money I spent on it. They then called me on the 19/08 saying they 'Think' its my fault for not putting oil in the bike and they will not be paying suzuki for repairs or issuing me my money back. I ahd requested job cards from them on the 15/08 to tell me exactly what was checked on the bike but they have failed to issue the job card to me.

I would just like some guidance as to where I stand with the bike as they had a chance to do repairs bad failed to address the issues I had mentioned.

Many thanks,
    Jen.
    Tags: None

That is a common thing in these countries. There are rights and laws that seek to protect the road users. Some could be on the bikes, attire ls2 or the license part of things.

Comment

You should be claiming under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. They agreed there was a problem and should have paid for the return of the bike.

Now that they have attempted a repair and it has failed then you can reject it and claim your money and costs back.

The fact that another dealer has confirmed there is still a fault is to your advantage. If it fails after 30 days and before 6 months then the fault is assumed to have been present when purchased. They must be allowed one chance to repair but if that fails you can reject. The clock stops when the defect is reported and stays stopped until a satisfactory repair is made.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X