• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bed company not helpful on refund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed company not helpful on refund

We were looking for a new bed and went into a major out of town bed store.
    We discussed our preferences and were shown a few different beds that might suit our requirements from a salesman that said he was the manager.
    Although the company did finance we were OK about paying cash which including a headboard came to nearly £1600. I negotiated an extra discount on top which the so called 'manager had to ok with someone else.
    We were told it would take about a month to be delivered. I found out a few days later that the headboard that came with it was at a cost of £357. My wife then found something similar on the Internet for about £100.
    I rang the guy that took our order and thats when the problems started.
    He told us that we would have to take it up with their head office, who told me that unfortunately once an order has been placed the customer has only 24 hours to cancel anything on the order otherwise if we wished to cancel the headboard it would be at a total cost of 20% of the total order as a handling charge?
    (in their so called small print)
    I got back onto the so called manager who said he would have a word with them and would get back to me by the next day. NOTHING.
    Rang again to get various fob offs and yet again NOTHING.
    I rang again and spoke to somebody different and voiced my dismay at his manager's avoidance of me, he said manager? he's not the manager and voiced his disapproval of his compatriot and said he would investigate and get back to me within 24 hours, yet again NOTHING.
    Question: Can they do this?
    Do I have any kind of leg to stand on?
    It seems like once they've got your money they're not interested.
    Thankyou for reading this.
    Tags: None

As you purchased in store you have no cancellation rights other than those allowed by the store

Comment

Rather late now. But why did you not pay by Credit Card, at least you would have had that protection?. The lesson for the future. I was employed in the past by a bed company, and from my knowledge, you have paid excessive for that bed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X