• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ikea ignoring me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ikea ignoring me

Hi there,
    Purchased custom spec wardrobe from IKEA (online) on 17th June 2020 the cost was just shy of £1000.
    It came on 19th June 2020 - I paid for express delivery (£50).
    Some parts were missing and when I unboxed the 32 boxes that it came in, I found several components of the wardrobe were smashed to pieces. Therefore, the express £50 delivery was a waste of money and not at all worth paying for as if I had visited the store myself, I would have been able to take more care of the item and it would not have cost me £50 for fuel there and back.

I immediately contacted IKEA on the phone, to hear an automated recording stating that they are not taking calls due to Covid-19.
    I had no alternative option but to drive to my nearest IKEA on the same day (19th June). The trip took 3 hours there and back. I was given replacement parts, advised customer service person that I was really unhappy and that the quality of the wardrobe was nothing like the ones they have in their show rooms. I was advised that a note had been put on my file for compensation.

Since 19th June, I have heard nothing from IKEA. I have repeatedly written to them both formally via email and using their Twitter chat feature and I have still had no response to my complaint or any offer of compensation or a resolution to the matter.

There are various quality issues with the product, all of which I mentioned in my complaint and included lots of photographs to evidence this so that it was really clear what was wrong.
    Can someone please advise me on what I should do next? I have currently sent three letters, one main one and two follow ups and had nothing. I paid with a credit card. Not sure if I should start proceedings for a section 75 charge back of give them longer?

Any advice would be great.
    Tags: None

Hi there,
    Can anyone offer me any advice? I have sent five letters to IKEA and around 20 Twitter messages and have still heard nothing back from them. I first made the company aware of the issues on June 19th and have had absolutely nothing from them. Do I need to contact my credit card company?

Comment

Well you can lodge a sec 75 with your credit card provider and recoup the cost of the furniture and your consequential costs
      OR you could send IKEA a letter before claim setting out the complaint, tell them what you want and advise that if they don't respond within 7 days you will initiate court action
      OR you could do both (but only receive one refund!)

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        Well you can lodge a sec 75 with your credit card provider and recoup the cost of the furniture and your consequential costs
        OR you could send IKEA a letter before claim setting out the complaint, tell them what you want and advise that if they don't respond within 7 days you will initiate court action
        OR you could do both (but only receive one refund!)
        Thank you for your post. I contacted them on 19th of June - the day I received my order to express my dissatisfaction. I actually went to one of their stores and I was given a case number and told that I would be contacted. Nothing. Since then, I have sent dozens of Twitter messages and six official letters, but still getting nowhere.

I gave IKEA one last chance last week as it has now been in excess of two months and got a reply on twitter stating that their customer services department has had over 3000 messages.
        I have replied this morning asking if they need more time and again re-iterating that I have been waiting now since 19th of June 2020 for an order worth just under £1000. I will give them a few more days, if I hear nothing, I will do a final LBA letter stating that I will take further action within seven days. I have been so patient.

Comment

"their customer services department has had over 3000 messages" indicates a high level of satisfaction perhaps??????????

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            "their customer services department has had over 3000 messages" indicates a high level of satisfaction perhaps??????????
            They have responded again with a message apologising stating: "This is due to us processing a large number of enquiries across all of our channels.". This was on 27th August on Twitter. I have sent several messages since and have not got a response again despite threatening legal action on the basis that I first contacted them on 19th June 2020 and this matter is still totally unresolved.

If I do a sec 75 request, I have lots of evidence of my chasing IKEA so I am sure my credit company will award this but doesn't a section 75 refund everything?
            My complaint is with the damaged delivered goods which I had to then drive to nearest IKEA and replace due to them ignoring me (cost of driving there, fuel time etc, plus the cost of the delivery I paid for) and my other issue is with the poor quality of the furniture.

So I am not sure a full refund is what I need. I am not really sure how I should approach this as the section 75 would just give me a full refund if my understanding is correct which is not ideal as I still need the wardrobe now it is built and have invested considerable time and resources in getting the thing built. What I am looking for is a refund on the delivery charge, payment for my having to drive to an IKEA to finish building a product I had already paid express delivery for to have delivered and compensation for the poor build quality. I have highlighted this several times in the 6 letters I have sent the company which have all been ignored.

Can anyone advise on the best way forward on this?

Comment

You have sent an LBA, so act on it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X