• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paypal closed dispute case and removed appeal functionality, loss of £135

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal closed dispute case and removed appeal functionality, loss of £135

I have an issue with an online purchase and need some advice please. I purchased a digital SLR camera from an online retailer. It was received faulty and I returned it the day after receiving it with a tracked Royal Mail service. The label was provided by the retailer as part of their returns process. They received the camera back two days after posting it. I didn't receive a refund. When I checked with their customer service department they said I would only get a refund if they could find the same fault with it as I had described. If not they wouldn't issue a refund. I haven't heard anything more and didn't receive a refund. I pointed out that I returned the item within the 14 days cooling off period, so they had to refund me even if the item didn't have a fault at all....still no refund. I paid for this through paypal credit as I thought I would have some protection for online purchases....LOL...

so here comes part two of the story.
    I open a case through paypal for an item not as described. I provide them the details of the issue. That was Saturday. Today paypal sends me an e-mail saying they closed the case in the merchant's favour because I did not return the item. This is obviously not true as I did return it and have tracking details to prove the seller received the item back. So I thought well, obviously paypal made a mistake, I simply appeal the decision through the resolution center. But guess what,paypal disabled the appeal function. I can only view the case but cannot appeal it. The deadline to appeal their decisions is 10 days, but of course they have disabled this function so I cannot appeal. I tried to call them on their free phone 0800 number, but their telephone number cuts off immediately, I am not sure if they stopped taking calls due to Covid 19 or what the problem is. So I tried to send them a message through their message center. I even got a response....telling me to appeal the case !!!*

So now I am wondering where my next point of contact is to get my money back. Paypal or the retailer. The retailer has my money and the camera. Paypal has provided the fnds and expects me to pay for it now, as they have found in favour of the seller....
    Tags: None

You can raise a complaint with Paypal. They are regulated by the FCA and you can take your complaint to the Ombudsman if necessary.

Comment

The problem I had with a Camera shop, I will not mention any details, so I purchased an item from the shop, faulty, Paid with PayPal (who I understood guaranteed a return payment if a dispute)* so I returned item, the seller then wanted money for the post cost, even though I had paid the postage, I had paid return post cost, he then just returned my money in full, rather than get into a dispute with PayPal

Comment

In my case the merchant issued me with a returns label which I used. It was Royal Mail Tracked 48 and the tracking shows they have received the item back but are not issuing a refund. I have written again to their customer service department but still waiting for a response.
        I have also made a written complaint to paypal through their website (which seems the only way of doing this) but have not had a response or even a confirmation they received my complaint. You also don't get a record of your complaint, no function to print or save before you submit. So I have no proof when I submitted this complaint.
        Have considered making a complaint and sending it to paypals postal address, but there is no postal address on their website and I can't find one on the internet either. I am surprised that is allowed.

I also tried messaging their customer service department (paypal's), so they responded and told me to appeal. But Paypal disabled the appeal function on my case so I can't appeal. I went back to their customer service department and they then responded and said they closed the case because I had returned the item before opening a case...? Which is odd, as their closed case reason says they closed it because I didn't return the item !*

I went back to paypal customer service again pointing this out but no response. I also keep asking why they disabled the appeal function but they never answer that

Comment

Originally posted by Ms_Owe-A-Lot View Post
          In my case the merchant issued me with a returns label which I used. It was Royal Mail Tracked 48 and the tracking shows they have received the item back but are not issuing a refund. I have written again to their customer service department but still waiting for a response.
          I have also made a written complaint to paypal through their website (which seems the only way of doing this) but have not had a response or even a confirmation they received my complaint. You also don't get a record of your complaint, no function to print or save before you submit. So I have no proof when I submitted this complaint.
          Have considered making a complaint and sending it to paypals postal address, but there is no postal address on their website and I can't find one on the internet either. I am surprised that is allowed.

I also tried messaging their customer service department (paypal's), so they responded and told me to appeal. But Paypal disabled the appeal function on my case so I can't appeal. I went back to their customer service department and they then responded and said they closed the case because I had returned the item before opening a case...? Which is odd, as their closed case reason says they closed it because I didn't return the item !*

I went back to paypal customer service again pointing this out but no response. I also keep asking why they disabled the appeal function but they never answer that
          Hi could you update what happened? I have a similar situation with paypals non-existent customer service, did you make a complaint to the Ombudsman?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X