• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Delivery Charge Refund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery Charge Refund

Hi,
    I’ve never had to deal with this situation before so any advice would be helpful. Sorry about the long explanation.

- Ordered 1 item from Boohoo on the 30th of March costing £16.51 including £4.99 for standard delivery. - Received the item at my address on the 6th of April.
    - Started a return on their online service returns portal and informed Boohoo via the portal on the 10th of April - that I would be returning this item and that it was no longer needed due to the item not fitting correctly.
    - Received returns label email from Boohoo on the 10th of April confirming I had started a return and the reasons regarding my return.
    - Returned item via Royal Mail on the 16th of April.
    - Boohoo recieved item on the 22nd of April.
    - Recieved partial refund of £11.52 on the 22nd of April.
    - Contacted Boohoo via customer service email on the 23rd of April to enquire why I was not refunded my delivery charge.
    - Boohoo customer service stated because I had not sent them a cancellation form, letter or email informing them I wanted to cancel my contract - they refuse to refund my delivery charge however they never stated in the terms and conditions, that the returns portal was not an acceptable way to cancel.
    - Stated to Boohoo that the item was returned prior to their 14 day time-frame and by using their portal to return - I was cancelling my contract. I made a clear statement which under the Consumer Contracts Regulation is another way to cancel.

I’ve stated to them the Consumer Contract Regulations however they still refuse to return my money.
    I’ve escalated it to the complaints department and it made no difference.

As a result, I’ve spoken to Citizens Advice which said that I am in the right and I should send them a breach of contract letter which I have done.
    I just wanted to ask whether I’m in the right here or am I wrong? because I’m still unsure.
    Sorry if this has already been asked before.
    Tags: charge, delivery

I think that if the service is provided, then what kind of money back can be discussed?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X