• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Audi A4 used car dealership.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Des even though I FIRST reported the fault twice within the 6 month period does that not stand for anything.

Comment

It will if the engineer confirms that the problems you reported were caused by the faults he finds.

Comment

des8 ive instructed the engineer. The car dealership is impossible they are trying to restrict my rights saying I dont have any.
        it looks like I am within my 6 months because they had the car back on the 12th August 2019 for repairs and then again in October for repairs.

Comment

Does this change anything?

Comment

Depends how long they had it in for repairs overall, however best chance for a rejection lies with the engineer's findings and report

Comment

des8 Thanks for your help I will come back with the engineers findings. This has been the most stressful month of my life and I am still without a vehicle.

Comment

des8 sorry its late. I have just got the engineers report back. He is saying these points under the consumer rights act the vehicle isnt durable and is not fit for purpose.
                As the vehicle has been back a few weeks after I bought it for the gearbox and the dealership said they looked at the oil, they are therefore admitting it was a gearbox fault.
                He determines that this fault has been there all along.

Comment

Can you post up a copy of the report please, first removing any* details which identify you.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E321D546-6068-4E39-8DC7-FEE617E41FE1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1518572
                    Attached Files

Comment

des8 I have uploaded it. I hope this is okay.

Comment

I believe you complained about the car juddering within the first 30 days of buying the car.
                        From that engineer's report it seems that the fault was never rectified, so you are still within the time limit for short term right to reject.
                        This means you can claim a full refund, plus damages for other costs (eg insurance and road tax, cost of taking vehicle back to him for failed repairs, cost of engineers report etc)* directly caused by the dealers breach of contract.
                        You will need to write to the dealer telling him you are rejecting the vehicle under your short term rights as per Consumer Rights act 2015, and you require a full refund of £4300 plus £xx damages.
                        Tell him where the vehicle is for his collection at his cost.
                        Advise him that failure to pay within 14 days and you will initiate court proceedings without further reference to him.

Comment

Is that what I have to do? I have given him ample opportunity to rectify this matter and he wont do anything.

So now I send the above, he wont get back to me, he is ignoring my emails and then go ahead and issue Court proceedings?

Comment

Am I in the time limit for short term right to reject even though I purchased it in July 2019?

Comment

I think so, but your postings have been unclear as to an exact timeline

You purchased vehicle on 25th July 2019 and if you requested repairs prior to 24th August then IMO yes* you are possibly still within the thirty days.

If that is incorrect, just leave out references to "short term" and claim under your right to reject.

Comment

Sorry im new to all this.
                                i purchased the vehicle on the 25th July 2019, it first went in for the same repairs on the 12th August 2019 and then again on the 7th October 2019

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X