• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Recovery - DWF on behalf of Park Resorts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Recovery - DWF on behalf of Park Resorts

I hope this is the right forum.

I have received a letter from DWF working on behalf of Park Resorts Limited, claiming £2121.44 in debt relating to site fees for the 2017 holiday season. I don't believe that I owe anything, and in fact that they owe me.

Here's some background (I apologise for the depth):
    In August 2016 we purchased a caravan on the Ty Mawr Site in North Wales. We paid £11995 for the van including all fees we needed. The caravan was heavily advertised to us as more than a holiday home, as it was a business investment too with the potential to rent the caravan to cover the site fees. However, we purchased after ½ of the season had passed – and our initial bill included site fees for the 2016 season in it's entirety.

In 2017, we was hit with a bill for the 2017 site fees in advance. This came to just over £5000 and a shock in the value. We had to think hard and fast, as we missed the largest part of the season in 2016 and had no savings to pay for the fees. We had been misadvised and made a drastic mistake.

We worked hard to try and get the fees paid to keep the van and made a payment to the account along with emailing the site manager to site and discuss. We was met with a brick-wall at this point (completely different to how they behaved when the account wasn't in arrears) and they refused to answer emails. A meeting I had planned on the weekend of the 17th March 2017 with the Site Manager was also swerved and I was dealt with by a receptionist instead.

It was at this point we were instructed to remove the van from their site within 21 days, and they refused to purchase the van back from us.

We returned home on the 19th March 2017 and looked through the paperwork. Eventually we had to voluntarily terminate the HP agreement with Black Horse who had an agreement with the site that they had to buy the van back. We could VT as we had paid half of the balance of the van as a deposit and the rest on finance.

We returned to site tat the end of the month, after clarifying with the finance company that the VT could take place, took all our personal belongings out the caravan and, under the instruction of the Finance Company, handed the keys into reception telling them we had voluntarily terminated.

For clarity, the "Season" at this site is from March to December.
    • We paid for the full year in 2016 but was only present 5 months.
    • We left the caravan park in the first month of the 2017 season (we left at the end of March after VT'ing in the final week in March.

The claim is for half of the years' fees for 2017 - which we feel is far too excessive given we was not there for 5 months in 2017, and had paid for 5 months in 2016 that we didn't even own the van for.

In my view, this charge is completely unjustified. If anything, they arguably owe me.

Please could someone offer some advice?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X