• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiffs sent - No prior notification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiffs sent - No prior notification

Small business - committed a driving offence ( on new markings along with thousands of others) letter sent and I was actually sure I paid this - 8 months down the line 2 big bouncing Bailiffs turn up - mention high courts and looking at stock!! - this was a £30 original offence - now it was nearly £500 with ''their'' fees - they were scary to say the least - I explained I had never heard anything from the council since the original notification ( and thought I had paid) had I not paid I am sure a reminder would follow. This clearly went to court but I never received any documentation from the court either, nor notification to say a hearing had taken place and nor a letter or phone call from the Bailiff company to say they were pursuing the business.
    I open all the mail, I am at the business 6 days a week, any odd day I have not been there the mail is left on my desk - Has this happened to anyone else -?
    Im beginning to suspect there is something not right here - How can I not have learnt about this sooner?
    I have emailed the bailiffs asking for copies of correspondence on this matter and also a receipt and breakdown for the payment I made.
    I also contacted the council it relates to and Mr ''Pass the Buck'' was not at all helpful -
    The bailiffs actually referred to another business at one stage which may account for documents being sent to the wrong address -
    Tags: None

Is the Reg No on the ticket yours? What address is on the V5? You need to ask the Council what address was on the documentation they sent out and has anyone applied to have it reissued at a different address? You also need to ask the Enforcement Co what address they sent the Notice of Enforcement to?

Comment

The vehicle is ours and the V5 is right - I queried the address with these guys and one had a tablet with them and was searching the details and prior to that had stated another company name to me which i queried - a company that occupied these premises before us which I thought strange so I expect if there was a discrepancy it will be well and truly covered up by now - I contacted their customer service and we could not be located on the system and were told to get the details from the actual claimant which I have had to do in writing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X