• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting car within 30 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you rejected the vehicle, and are taking it back to the dealer, the dealer will have to reimburse you the cost when they settle the refund of purchase price.

As you made the vehicle available for collection you had satisfied your duty and the finance houses are wrong.
    The fact he fails to collect is his problem. He can't use that failure to collect as a reason nor agreeing the refund because he hasn't examined the car

You do not have to accept a replacement

Comment

Thank you DES8 - I can't tell you how supportive you have been. Trying to do this on my own has been very stressful.
      I am just getting my information prepared for next week so I know what to do.

Could I ask - if he agrees there are faults and he will refund the money do I leave the vehicle with him as long as he gives me a letter of confirmation saying he will refund the payment price plus my expenses? I would agree to send back the car documents once payment has been received. Or should I take the car home again until
      he refunds the money to my credit card? Can I claim for the months of tax that I have incurred waiting for them to arrange a time for the car to be inspected?

The other scenario is that he said he disagrees with me and wants an independent mechanic to look at the vehicle - they mentioned this in
      their first email. Should I insist that it is someone like a DEKRA engineer if that is the case as any local garage may be a friend!
      I have inspection reports from one garage, plus other confirmations regarding the non-working of the A/C and a few other faults

Comment

You have rejected the vehicle so leave it with him whatever the outcome.

You paid by credit card so he refunds to the card.
        You can claim for "damages" ie losses caused by the breach of contract which includes your Road Fund payments.
        Don't expect him to accept that claim, but if it goes to court include it in your claim then.

Doesn't matter whether or not he agrees with you, you have independent reports about the condition which could be sufficient in a court.

Comment

Thank you Des8 - I have been trying to be accommodating in that it shows willing to the credit card people by agreeing to take the car into them.
          It was arranged for this past Wednesday as my brother was around then they changed it to next Wednesday!
          One of the people who recommended the garage are now driving it up there with me following. At least Credit card people can't say I have not been helpful... I follow everything up with emails. I will let you know how things go as I realise that other people read the posts and it can help them with what they do.

Comment

Keep petrol receipts etc so if you end in court you can add the cost of returning the vehicle to your claim

Comment

Thank you - am keeping what I can. I don't have old petrol receipts but could outline the mileage back and forth. I have receipts for the inspections.

Comment

Just an update - I have been told that it may not be wise to ask someone else to drive my car to the garage for me (I can't drive it as it gives me headaches) as it would be my responsibility if they were affected by fumes or the alternator belt snapped (it has several splits in it) In any event I would have to put them on my insurance or it would only be covered third party so don't see why I should do that anyway. I originally offered (in writing) to take the car back to them last week as my brother had offered to drive and is insured on my policy. That was 'not convenient' for them so it was postponed. I am speaking to credit card people again tomorrow morning and set things in motion.

Comment

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped with advice re my Jeep

I did a Section 75 claim on my credit card in September and after providing quite a lot of information and an expert witness report from an excellent company I finally had the purchase cost of the Jeep plus out of pocket expenses returned to me in late November.

The report showed that amongst other things there were several fire risks with the vehicle and that these would have been present at the time of purchase.

What a lovely sight to see the low loader take the Jeep away.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X