• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Persimmon Homes - power of attorney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So your sister has agreed with Persimmon to allow them access for one month to complete the works.and come to an agreement
    In return Persimmon are applying to stay the case until 21/11
    If no agreement is received the court case goes ahead and the loser pays the cost of this application

If it was I, I would try for "no order as to costs" but tagging R0b

Comment

Agree with Des.

I'm not sure what costs they would have incurred other than preparation of the Consent Order. I would go back to them and say that each party should bear their own costs in respect of the Consent Order. Otherwise at least try to agree a capped cost, couldn't see the Consent Order costing anything more than £100 to prepare and draft - it's a standard template and only requires a couple of lines to be filled in.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

UPDATE

So we arranged for them to do the work in return for dropping this application/costs.

After speaking to a surveyor, we arranged for insurance details of the contractor doing the works and a method statement / risk assessment for the works under CDM regulations to be sent. I was told we would receive these before the work was started.

Then they showed up and did the work. Without sending anything like this to us.

Funnily enough, this two day job was also completed in a matter of hours. They were meant to do the following work:

"REASON FOR ACCESS

The owner-occupiers of the neighbouring property have experienced several issues in respect of their property, and in particular, issues relating to water ingress. The Claimant, pursuant to its obligations under the warranty, has undertaken some remedial works such as constructing a low wall and raising the existing wall. However, further works are required to the neighbouring property in order for the claimant to comply with its warranty.

The works required to the neighbouring property are set out below:

1) Using a circular saw cut a line into the mortar bed between tow courses of bricks at the top of the existing tanking on the garage wall, which will run the length of the garage wall.

2) Insert rolled lead into the cut of the mortar bed and dress along the top of the tanking, ensuring a good aesthetic finish.

3) Reapply mortar to the cut line to refill the cut and secure the lead.

The works are necessary for the preservation of the neighbouring property and cannot be carried out without access to the Defendant's property.

The works cannot be carried out without entry onto those parts of the Defendant's property, because

A) the works comprise of applying lead to the low wall which runs along the side of the neighbouring property's garage, at the rear of the Defendant's fence which marks the boundary of the Defendant's property.

B) Access to the wall is impossible without entry to the Defendant's property. "

We were wondering if they had though. It looks like they have built up again when they were meant to be digging and doing stuff underground?

They have been very cagey about telling us why they did not forward the agreed documents, and nor will they state what work was eventually carried out. Do Legal Beagles have any ideas why?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

I'm not sure what the problem is.
            They had consent to enter and do certain works (insert lead flashing?) but you think they should have been "digging and doing stuff underground"

Comment

Findings of the Independent Review for Persimmon - just in case it is useful to you.
              Attached Files
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X