• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is my read of this email correct? What do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my read of this email correct? What do you think?

Hi all.

I applied for a low income ticket to a festival in the USA and was emailed and told I was successful. Booked flights and hotels, and then 6 weeks later sent an email and told I was unsuccessful.

I contacted them, waited 2 weeks, and was just emailed the following:

"During a routine process review it was discovered that a small number of Low Income Ticket Program applicants were erroneously notified about the status of their application and then subsequently may have accidentally received conflicting messages. Unfortunately, you were among this group. You should not have received the initial approval notification.

Apologies for the confusion and distress this mix up has undoubtedly caused."

My read of this is that both emails were sent in error, caused by the initial email being sent.

The last line suggests to me that I'm being told it is no longer something to worry about and my initial success in getting one of these tickets still stands.

What do you think?
    Tags: None

To me it reads you were unsuccessful.

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Agree with speed that they are saying you should not have been told you had been successful in obtaining low income ticket.

As this is stateside organisation I doubt there is much to be done legally due to possible costs of litigation, but you could write to head honcho complaining bitterly as you have spent $xxx on flights and accommodation.
        Similar letter to the headlining acts, asking if they can help out as you're a big fan etc etc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X