• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New vacuum cleaner not fit for purpose?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New vacuum cleaner not fit for purpose?

In January I bought a corded Shark Duo Clean vacuum with Flexology which seemed very good initially. It has a brush bar plus a roller bar which I think fits too tightly in its casing causing dust to accumulate around it like a "mat" unless I take it pieces and clean it virtually every time I use it. Behind the roller there is a row of plastic teeth and I have to unclog that with a toothbrush after two or three uses. The suction is poor with the hand attachments , so much so I have taken to brushing my stairs with a hand brush and dustpan. Even more irritating is that every time I switch the machine off it spits out debris and I have to switch on again to vacuum that up and hope it doesn't spit again! I have repeatedly emptied and cleaned every part I can but it's still useless.

Shark's online advertisement claims it has "brilliant cleaning performance".

I bought it from Currys and their online reviews are all good but there are 120 critical reviews on Amazon, mostly with the same issues as me. Over the years I've had quite a few vacuums and never had one as hopeless at fulfilling its function as this one. I don't feel it's fit for purpose and would like a refund. Can someone advise me as to whether it is worth pursuing this matter.
    Last edited by Harassed63; 10th March 2019, 15:29:PM.
    Tags: None

Have you made a complaint to Currys?

Try via here.

Ps I heard those vacuums suck!
    (Apologies, couldn't resist! )

Resolver is a free tool that makes complaining quick and simple.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

No I haven't yet. I think it's reasonable to return it as not fit for purpose but I was interested to know others thoughts. I think I should be covered by Sections 9 and 10 of the Consumer Rights Act but I want to be armed with the right information before I go to Curry's.

Ha Ha - What sucks is that it doesn't suck properly!

Edited: Many thanks. I have just used Resolver. I will report back.
      Last edited by Harassed63; 10th March 2019, 18:24:PM.

Comment

Curry's gave me a refund this morning with no quibbles. Now the search is on to find a suitable replacement!

Comment

http://clipart-library.com/images/gceEdgMMi.jpg
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hey. This is really unpleasant. I would like to help you and I can recommend you look at the options for vacuum cleaners on this website https://cleanersexpert.com/vacumaid-gv50pro-review/. I chose a vacuum cleaner for myself and looked through many different options. I found a suitable one. There are different options for cleaning the house, cleaning the garage and car.

Comment

You probably sold a defective vacuum cleaner. You can challenge this situation. Here is a link to an article where you can choose a good and reliable vacuum cleaner - https://devices4home.com/best-upright-vacuum/. This is an unpleasant situation, but you can find a way out. In any case, you should have a guarantee.

Comment

I can imagine how annoying it was...because I personally had that kind of experience for myself. But then I found a fine one recommend from this blog.*http://www.vacuumall.online/2019/11/24/best-vacuum-guide*changed this situation. Hope you find it useful

Comment

just purchase one no need for investigations * . * you buy one = faulty within 30 days take back after that they have the opportunity to correct fault up to end of guarantees, currys paid you back = makes a change for them without a fuss!* I have over the years bought all price ones none ever lasted much after a year or so, normal use is 2 times a week says it all

Comment

last years thread

Comment

Not a lot of use for cleaning in the UK!

Comment

We had a Kirby for years brilliant, but age (wife) was not able to make use of it as they are heavy, so sold it, now have a piece of junk battery-powered about as good as a chocolate drop on a fireplace.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X