• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Holiday Complaint - Teletext Holidays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Complaint - Teletext Holidays

Posting on behalf of a friend, they are looking for some advice if anyone could poss help?

Friend and Partner went to Turkey in August, booked via teletext holidays, they travelled in a family group of 6 adults/1 child.

The hotel they stayed in had a foam party one evening, they had a meal and drinks as a family during the evening and then joined in the foam party, as my friends wife went to join the party she slipped and broke her elbow.

The set up of the "foam party" was a tiled floor, covered with what can only be described as various mis matched mats/off cuts of carpet. She stepped on one, it slipped and resulted in her falling. At the time of the fall she thought she had just minor banged her elbow however the next day when she woke up in pain and couldn't move her arm, she went to hospital and was advised it had broken. Obviously the injury ruined their holiday but the hotel manager was really rude about it to them, the staff had advised them it had happened before and the hotel manager didn't care about the safety of guest

My friend complained to teletext holidays, they took nearly 3 months to respond and gave a response from the hotel, the hotel provided CCTV of a clip from the evening (you cant make out who anyone is on the CCTV, we couldn't point out my friends wife at all), they provided the receipt from their bill which showed they had purchased alcohol and food, his wife had two baileys during the evening, and then accused them of being drunk and that her fall was due to her being intoxicated, which wasn't the case.

My friend took pictures of the rolled up off cuts off carpet which were used, to highlight what she had slipped on, the hotel sent back pictures of the floor area (tiled, no carpets), in the day time with signs on it saying caution wet floor.

Teletext holidays have simply just apologised and taken the comments from the hotel manager and closed the complaint.

What would be the next steps if any?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X