• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Theft from Previous employer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theft from Previous employer

Hello
    I would like some advice.
    I left my previous employer on 28 September and started with my current employer on 1 October.
    In September, instead of banking the cash on three separate days I pocketed it.
    i know that are no excuses for what I did but my dad has been in and out of hospital since January due to hearts problems.. he's a bus driver and got signed off for 13 weeks.. his wages were dramatically reduced. This meant that he was struggling with rent and food.
    He has been borrowing money from me and I was lending it to him with no issues however in september he asked to borrow more money and I could say that I didn't have it so I stole from my work - £800 in total. I had all the intentions to pay it back by the time I left but I was not able to do this.
    one I left I started putting money a side to pay back anyway I receive a letter from my previous employer asking me if I know anything.
    i sent them an email and straight confessed everything saying I'm sorry and that I regret what I have done and offer of repayment - half of what I have taken at the end of November and the other half on 21 December.
    i did my hear anything from them.

Last night the police came to my door to ask me some questions.. he was a lovely officer and I explained everything.

The way it was left was he was going to email my employer to say that they do not want to take it any further as I am very remorseful and intend to pay back the full amount.

I have the officers name and number and reference.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for me?

if my previous employer want to press charges even though the police have said that they do not want to pursue it.. any ideas what will happen.

many thanks
    Gemma
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X