• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tesco shares / fraudulent reporting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tesco shares / fraudulent reporting.

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
    I would hope you win but I would expect Tesco to fight this fearing it will open the floodgates or try for a settlement with a confidentiality clause.
    This will have if you win and its publicised serious ramifications for the whole share buying industry .

Again I will be hoping you win please keep us informed this is a very interesting case
    Too late the 'flood gates' have already opened the Yanks are way ahead of us in that matters are already in the hands of their courts. Also I suspect that if we don't prosecute them their Justice Department might be looking to do a Nat West 2 by having those considered responsible extradited to the States for trial

Comment

Originally posted by concernedperson View Post
      What would you say if Tesco offered to buy your shares back for the £10000 you paid?
      Oh dear!:tinysmile_aha_t: that would be an admission of guilt

Comment

Sean would you mind if I gave this thread link to a lawyer in the States?????

Comment

Originally posted by sean5302 View Post
          Dave Lewis, the new ex_Unilever CEO, said yesterday that the "accounting errors" seem to have been made for several years.
          I referred to the 2013 annual accounts, which are now clearly false. They declare profits not realised.
          I suspect their auditors will also be in deep do do

Comment

Out of interest who are the Auditors for Tesco, might be useful for another reason.

Comment

Its these http://www.pwc.co.uk/audit-assurance/

Comment

Read this http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...tants-auditors

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
                  Sean would you mind if I gave this thread link to a lawyer in the States?????
                  Please do.
                  Every little helps, as I've read somewhere.
                  Yes, the more of us on the case, so much the better.

Comment

Originally posted by concernedperson View Post
                    What would you say if Tesco offered to buy your shares back for the £10000 you paid?
                    I'd thank them graciously and bank my money.
                    I don't seek a penny more or a penny less than I paid.

Comment

S90A FSMA is the route for shareholders; have to buy or hold, relying on published information (note no presumption of reliance unlike US) and suffer loss as a result of false info or withholding true info. See "Shareholder Claims" published by ******s
                      David Greene Edwin Coe LLP

Comment

All of Tesco's major suppliers here and abroad such as Lever et'al are also conducting audits to see if they've been shafted by Tesco

Comment

Originally posted by DavidGreene View Post
                          S90A FSMA is the route for shareholders; have to buy or hold, relying on published information (note no presumption of reliance unlike US) and suffer loss as a result of false info or withholding true info. See "Shareholder Claims" published by ******s
                          Thank goodness for this Forum, in general, and you in particular.
                          That is exactly what I need.
                          I'm very grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidGreene View Post
                            David as an expert on such matters is your firm looking to start a class action against Tesco's ???????

Comment

Last edited by sean5302; 31st October 2014, 10:37:AM.

Comment

In the US they will pursue only shares/ADRs issued there, no home for Europeans buying in UK market I fear as a result of Morrison decision by US Supreme Court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X