• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

freehold sold and new landlord changes terms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freehold sold and new landlord changes terms

Hi everybody, I am hoping someone might be able to help here.

My landlord advised that they wanted to sell the freehold as the 2 of the trustees had died.
    I gave them 2 offers which were declined and the 3rd accepted.
    as the process of the mortgage took a long time they wrote and said that they were placing it into auction, the auction was in Feb and it did not sell only due to the fact i believe that there were rent arrears which was agreed that all rents to be paid upto date at the completion time.
    The property went again into the next auction by the auction date we were ready to exchange contracts, however the some one else made a deal with the auctioneers and they approached the landlords with his offer and they accepted prior to the auction date. we had already wrote and said that we were ready to exchange,!!
    they completed the sale with the other person, who then came to see me and said he was the new landlord.!!
    The new landlord wrote to me and said that he was now going to spilt the property into 2 residential above and commercial below, 2 new tenancies and the rent was to be increased. There were still arrears of the rents due. I got a letter from old landlord stating arrears and future rents to pay to new landlord. I have since paid the arrears, but there was 2 invoices outstanding which the new landlord paid and now wants to recover from me, and has set the rent payment against them and now states i am still in arrears!! now wants to charge interest as well.
    he has tried to bully me into signing a new tenancy application, has lied to me about the old lease and told me that this expired and ceased to exist when he took over.

is there anyone who can give me some advise please.
    Tags: None

Re: freehold sold and new landlord changes terms

update, the LL walked in as I hadnt replied to his email regarding the electricity meters!!! I explained that I have had to funerals to organise in the family and the funerals are this week so cant concentrate on the shop matters right now, his reply was that the termination notice sent by my solicitors is not accepted as there are outstanding issues and also as per my lease he can walk in and close the doors, meaning change the locks, I know that he is unable to do that without a court notice as there is a residential property upstairs and the only access is through the shop premises and a back door which again leads to the shop as well.
    is there a case for harassment or anything similar on this situation, any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X