• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage Broker fee Fair???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage Broker fee Fair???

Hi everyone, I have just come across this website after links from MSE, I have to say its been so helpful so far.

I just wanted some opinions on my legal standing on a brojer fee which I am being chased for.

I have recently applied for a bussiness loan to purchase a commercial property, I have applied via a broker who charged me an initial £400 fee and then would charge me a 1% commision on th loan amount for the introduction to the bank. To cut a long story short the deal for the purchase fell through leabing me out of pocket after paying for numerous surveyor cost etc, I later decided to go back to the bank and refinanced a loan deal with them which was not dependent on the purchase but a straight loan.

I have now received a demand for the 1% fee in excess of £5000.00 from the broker although I have tried to explain to them the original deal fell through and I did not go ahead with the property purchase.

They have transferred it to a debt collector which I am going to ignore anyway, just so I can get some advice where do I stand legally. In relation to me agreeing a fee no type of contract exisit apart from an a4 paper with a paragraph that I agree to pay them 1% fee which I initailly signed and dated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam
    Tags: None

Re: Mortgage Broker fee Fair???

Sounds suspect Sam. For an expert view I would suggest you contact AMI (The Association of Mortgage Intermediaries). Send an e-mail to Robert Sinclair.

Comment

Re: Mortgage Broker fee Fair???

I Would have thought as a contract was signed and if the broker obtained the mortgage then the OP pulled out the fees are payable,after all the broker did his job .
      As the OP is in business if someone signed a contract with him and pulled out after the work was done would he let it go?
      Im dont usually side with brokers but as i see it right or wrong its payable,maybe a compomise can be found before it becomes a gamble in a County court case

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X