• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on how to take action against Royal Mail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on how to take action against Royal Mail

Hi everyone, I have an issue with Royal Mail business account and I have reached the end of their dispute process without a resolution.

im unsure of what options are open to me as the postal redress service stated they will not deal with a business they only provide support to consumers.

I decided to try royal mail’s service for my business I sell online through TikTok shop. Royal Mail is down as an approved option for shipping. I called Royal Mail and had multiple discussions with their business team to make sure their service met my needs. Specifically I needed a tracked service that provided proof of delivery pictures.

I was advised that their tracked24 and tracked48 services were suitable and I went with the tracked48 services. The online advertising and terms and conditions on royal mails website both confirm a feature of this service is that it comes with photographic proof of delivery.

I was spending roughly £1000 a week with Royal Mail for this tracked service throughout July to November when I stopped using them. I raised a complaint in November detailing around 70 parcels that were lost and around 900 parcels that do not have valid proof of delivery pictures.

A large amount of the 900 parcel I had to refund as the end customer claimed they did not receive and I was unable to provide proof that these parcels were delivered.

when I raised this complaint with Royal Mail they dragged the timeline out to past the 80 days I have to raise claims with them then said they believe all parcels had been delivered. They provided no proof that these parcels had been delivered.

they did confirm they agreed the 70 parcels had been lost but they actually pointed out that I was outside the timeframe to claim for these losses.

im hoping this falls under some sort of breach of contract as they did not provide the service as advertised. I’m looking for advice on what my next steps should be.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X