• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sales not paid for

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales not paid for

Hi guys, I hope you are all good. First time poster here.

I'm hoping someone who's much smarter than me can help me.

My company did energy switching for a company here in the UK

They never paid leaving us with an outstanding bill of around £180000.

This energy company, like lots in the UK no longer supply energy, however have still been collecting many outstanding bills from their previous customers who never paid(there is a lot of them).

After a lot of haranguing they started paying us a percentage of the money they collected every week to pay us off so we would not put them into administration.

We have been asking them for reporting on which customers have gone live at the time, 5 weeks after these sales were done, as we only get paid on the ones which went live, ie. transferred over.

Traditionally it's somewhere around 85%+ for us from our other campaigns with other energy companies.

We sent them a report of all the sales we did for them and they have come back saying only 48% of these switches went through.

Obviously we don't really believe this.

We have asked them to provide a report of these customer figures and they have told us they do not have them as it was stored on a cloud and they don't know which one! Yes I know.

The contract we have with them is that they would send us reporting every seven days till all sales from that week are either live or not, which they only did once, covering the first three weeks.

Legally do they have to provide us with a full report as with the contract?

Secondly if they cannot or will not provide us with a report do they legally have to pay us in full?

Our opinion(not legal obviously) is that if they cannot prove to us through accurate CRM reporting at the correct time specified ie. at 35 days from the end of each week for the 6 weeks we worked for them, then their 49% figure is nonsense, or fabricated.

What's your thoughts guys?

Tags: None

For one hundred and eighty grand you should be taking professional legal advice. You will have detailed contracts that will need to be examined.

Further, the reference to possible administration suggests that the other company is not able to pay. Will this affect your company's solvency?

This is not a matter for a consumer law forum.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X