• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reincorporation Because of Lack of Presence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reincorporation Because of Lack of Presence

The accounting firm that we use currently is saying we need to reincorporate to a state which one of the owners resides now that neither owner is living in the state of the in which the company was first incorporated. I would just soon not because of tax implications.If there is no legal reasons why we need to do this then I would like to remain in the original state of incorporation.

Background on Company:
    Business was incorporated(S Corp) with office space about 13yrs ago in New Hampshire. Both owners living in NH.at the time.
    Three years later one owner moves to Vermont and we close the office as we moved everyone to all virtual. All employees other than myself(one of the owners) were now in other states.
    After going virtual I moved to Maine 5yrs later leaving no employees(both owners are employees), but maintained a business address(PO Box) and our incorporation in NH.
    For three years now, we have been filing as a NH corporation though no one from the company lives in NH. The accounting firm wants us to use Maine as the new incorporation.

I did a little research on the web the other day and it's my impression we can remain a NH incorporation as long as we have a registered agent in the state of incorporation. This was a general guideline and might not pertain to all states.

Do we need to reincorporate if we have a registered agent in NH?

Tags: None

I doubt you will receive any meaningful advice here as we are UK based and it is unlikely any of our members will have the requisite knowledge.
    Sorry, but good luck

Comment

Sorry, but this is a UK law forum.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
        Sorry, but this is a UK law forum.
        Well, now I feel stupid. Thanks for not leaving me hanging.

Comment

Good luck!
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X